Featured Tippmann m4 Upgrades

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by Prsch2003, Dec 4, 2017.

1. Prsch2003

Prsch2003 Member

New York
    I recently bought a tippmann m4 and was looking to upgrade its accuracy. I was looking around but I couldn't get a definitive answer on how to upgrade it. I saw a couple of home made fixes but I kinda want to get something that's more official. I wanted to know which parts were proprietary to the gun. Also I heard that some barrels didn't work that great with it so I was wondering what barrels would be the best to get.

2. Swoledaddy

Swoledaddy Member

east moline
    There's really no official upgrades to the accuracy end of a Tippmann it's more of a diy sort of thing. You can do a TDC (top dead center) mod which will increase the accuracy quite a bit. As for proprietary parts I'm not sure on every part but I know the upper and outer barrel are proprietary. But for inner barrels I can't help you as I don't know anything about them.

BOA_SP3CT3R and Prsch2003 like this.

3. Prsch2003

Prsch2003 Member

New York
    I saw that Tdc upgrade and was thinking of doing that thx

4. Swoledaddy

Swoledaddy Member

east moline
    No problem buddy. 3 of the 6 or 8 people on my team all have Tippmann's myself included. I'm still trying to learn more about them and have read that there's guys hitting 250 feet accurately with them.

5. Prsch2003

Prsch2003 Member

New York
    I don't need crazy long accuracy as the average engagement distances at my field are 150 feet I just want something that's a bit more consistent than what they have now

6. Swoledaddy

Swoledaddy Member

east moline
    Oh I gotcha. The TDC mod will be perfect for that.

7. BOA_SP3CT3R

BOA_SP3CT3R Active Member

Mountain Home
    The TDC is a very good hopup design IMO. My KC 02 has one.

8. Prsch2003

Prsch2003 Member

New York
    Yeh I think im just gonna go with the tdc mod and maybe do an rhop patch on the barrel and maybe install a new hop up bucking if thats not proprietary.

BOA_SP3CT3R likes this.
  9. Swoledaddy

Swoledaddy Member

east moline
    The bucking definitely is not proprietary. And the design uses AEG barrels so that's a plus.

BOA_SP3CT3R likes this.
  10. BOA_SP3CT3R

BOA_SP3CT3R Active Member

Mountain Home
    Interesting. My KC 02 has a proprietary bucking and barrel, I'll probably get the 3d printed hopup chamber so I can use VSR buckings and AEG barrels.

11. Swoledaddy

Swoledaddy Member

east moline
    Yeah the Tippmann is really weird. The hop up is actually milled into the upper receiver so it's impossible to replace it with anything aftermarket.

12. Prsch2003

Prsch2003 Member

New York
    Wait so i can replace the bucking and the barrel just not the hop up unit?

13. Jakelong

Jakelong New Member

Brooklyn
    is a link to my YouTube channel in which I list all the mods I have done to my Tippman. My Tippman is now one of the best guns on the field by far. It's a straight beast. Check it out

14. Jakelong

Jakelong New Member

Brooklyn

Above is a link to my YouTube channel in which I list all my upgrades. This gun now is one of the best rifles on the field deadass

15. Jakelong

Jakelong New Member

Brooklyn
    I reccomend a tcd hop up mod. They r very common YouTube tdc tippman

16. Jakelong

Jakelong New Member

Brooklyn
    Inreccomend tdc mod for hopup. Better inner barrel is a must and a recoil spacer and honestly will be a monster on field . And I reccomend switching out the rail system but that's cosmetic

17. Prsch2003

Prsch2003 Member

New York
    I think I've seen you before at strike force

Jakelong likes this.
  18. Jakelong

Jakelong New Member

Brooklyn

I can confirm that information. I can hit man sized targets up to around 250 feet with my set up. Tippmans love heavy bbs. I run .28s currently but I reccomend .3s. As long as you have your hopup situated. With a tdc mod and a really nice inner barrel with heavy bbs. You will have no problem. Get a good hopup rubber good inner barrel and heavy bbs.

19. Jakelong

Jakelong New Member

Brooklyn

I have a video with a list of all of my mods done to the gun with gameplay. Check it out feel free to message me or leave comments on my video on YouTube to get the information you need

20. Jakelong

Jakelong New Member

Brooklyn

You deffinatly did lmao. That's what's up!

Prsch2003 likes this.