TM 5-7 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Gas Powered Guns' started by PeterLuger, Dec 10, 2012.

1. PeterLuger

PeterLuger New Member

Hey guys,

First of all, big thanks to LilShady for talking to me and helping me with my decision.
    That said, I got a TM 5-7!!!

Ordered it today, will post pics when I get it.
    Is there anything I should know? Also just out of the top of my head, I still need an adaptor and to lube the gun with duster gas right? Could I use green gas/propane with it?

2. Lil_Shady

Lil_Shady Administrator Staff Member Lifetime Supporter

Yes you can use propane. You should add lube to the gas, unless you are using green gas, about every 5-10 fills.

I take down the gun and clean/lube after every skirmish, but i baby my guns, once every 2-3 skirmishes should be fine.

3. germanphoenix13

germanphoenix13 New Member

Fullerton
    I wouldn't use propane. TM guns are designed for HFC134A gas. While they may run on green gas or even propane for a little while, the high pressure of those gasses will guaranteed break something, most likely your slide. use Duster gas, as that's the closest you can get to hfc 134a without buying automotive AC gas and finding an adapter or actual 134a, which is expensive in the states.

4. PeterLuger

PeterLuger New Member

Thanks, but if went for Duster gas, do I need an adaptor?

5. Tornado-Airsoft

Tornado-Airsoft New Member

Yes another 5-7 owner. I use Green Gas in my 5-7 but I wouldn't use propane. I am looking for a holster for mine for christmas but can't find one anywhere. Shady got any suggestions? You might be going through this problem once you get yours. I have been searching and Searching but can't find one anywhere. I haven't seen a lot of love on holsters that the 5-7 can use. Over all congratulations and I hope you enjoy your new gun.

6. Lil_Shady

Been using propane for 2 years, no issues. Even in Texas heat.

Yes. Airsoft innovations makes one for about $5.

There is no difference between green gas and propane besides the silicone oil. I use a Blackhawk Serpa for both my Marushin and my TM 5-7s. Works great.

7. Tornado-Airsoft

Is there any model holster that BlackHawk Serpa makes. I am very worked that ill get the holster and my gun won't fit.

8. Lil_Shady

Attached Files:

9. Tornado-Airsoft

10. PeterLuger

PeterLuger New Member

Yeah, I looked around for a holster, but just the pistol will do for now. Thanks man, hope you are enjoying yours too!

11. PeterLuger

PeterLuger New Member

Also, do you guys think I would find an adaptor at the field (combat city outdoor in orlando)? AND I suppose I cant use the same adaptor for Duster gas and Propane? (sorry, its my first GBB)

12. Tornado-Airsoft

No problem we were all like this with our first GBB. And yes if your wondering the 5-7 is my first GBB. Great gun. Yea the link is in here if you want the holster. Yea I don't think you can use a propane adaptor in a duster gas. I am open to all questions about this gun. By the way lube your slide it's important. O yea did I tell you yet that I out shot a chinese clone sniper rifle in a shooting competition. After you bring this gun to a field you will get major fan boys lol.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2012
  13. PeterLuger

PeterLuger New Member

Hahah thanks man, I hope so! Hehe

14. PeterLuger

PeterLuger New Member

Just one last question: where do I find the adaptor? (i.e. Walmart, field, random walk-in store..)

15. Tornado-Airsoft

I am not sure but someone other than me can help you with that. I have no experience with adaptors. Ya people who actually know something about Airsoft guns will say," dude is that a 5-7." That's when you say Yes Yes it is.

16. PeterLuger

PeterLuger New Member

Thats when I have the right to feel like the King Of The World hahahahah

17. Tornado-Airsoft

Exactly. Everyone comes up to me and asks me about it. It is amazing!

18. PeterLuger

PeterLuger New Member

Hahahaha I guess they could put that in the features huh? Just hope the gun doesnt get TOO popular, cause then we'd lose the attention :D

19. PeterLuger

PeterLuger New Member

Well, I also just ordered Airsoft Innovations adaptor KIT, that comes with silicon lube, and both propane and duster adaptors, so anyone needing to buy one, just get that and if you ever need a different type of gas, you wont need to buy another adaptor.

20. Tornado-Airsoft

Yea I hope not :). (20char)