Tm after market hop-up in WE

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by whoispacman, Dec 23, 2012.

1. whoispacman

whoispacman New Member

LA
    Just wondering if an after market tm hop-up unit will fit in a WE hi capa. I've been wanting a TM hi-capa and they are sold out every where. Wondering if I can utilize WE externals and low price while making it TM accurate. (Would also get bucking, nub, and tightbore)

2. Col1500

Col1500 New Member

Kent
    Yes, it would work since WEs are clones of the TMs, but it won't be a TM :p If you want a TM, uncompany.com sells a wide selection of gas pistols.

3. whoispacman

whoispacman New Member

LA
    Thanks so much for that source. Has you or anyone actually tried this though? I feel as though airsoft surgeons barrel and and fixed hop up would work but what about the adjustable type, such as AIP?

4. Col1500

Col1500 New Member

Kent
    No, I went the TM route, I use and maintain my friends WE G17 though. His G17 came with a 6.03 tightbore stock, his hopup doesn't hop enough though, which would be fixed with a new hopup and bucking as you are looking at getting. AS stuff is usually overpriced, so I don't know the price of their barrel, (I'm assuming you mean the inner barrel) but you could probably get a decent performing barrel for much cheaper. A thing that TM destroys a WE on is gas efficiency, and along with that cool down. Right now, in my 30-40 degree weather, my TM can shoot off a whole mag before the insides ice over, and the glock can only get a half mag, maybe a little more. That may be affected by the glock having a metal slide, or the HiCapa mags being a little bit larger. Also, TM mags are better then WE mags. I was borrowing a friends WE mag for the last month while I was waiting for a new feed lip for my TM mag, and the paint chips off very easy. I could scratch it and paint would disappear, whereas I could put a key to my TM mag and the finish wouldn't have a scratch.

Overall, yes, you could make the WE as accurate as the TM with those upgrades. But in my opinion, the TM is greater then the WE in enough aspects to where the TM is easily worth the extra money. I'm also a slight TM fanboy 8)

5. whoispacman

whoispacman New Member

LA
    Haha I can tell. I'm really leaning towards the TM because of the reputation and out of the box reliability. Then again putting work into a gun could be an interesting experience. That being said I will use TM mags no matter what I decide on. I'll get some links to the parts I'm talking about.

API-http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/aip-aluminum-hop-up-base-for-marui-hi-capa-5-1-4-3-gbb.html

Non-hop up; http://www.airsoftgi.com/mobile/product_info.php?products_id=6498 (this seems to be for only target shooting)

Last edited: Dec 24, 2012
  6. Col1500

Col1500 New Member

Kent
    Yeah, my TM has gone through about 8-10K rounds so far on propane, and the slide shows no signs of cracking, and it's still accurate to roughly 125 feet, though I could hit a person with a few more shots at 150 feet , that's about the maximum range though.

I could of swore I've seen that hopup unit around in US retailers for around the same price or cheaper... But I'd stick with a barrel that'll accept variable hopup. Something like a PDI barrel, or a nine ball if you can find one for the 5.1.

7. whoispacman

whoispacman New Member

LA
    Yeah I'm definitely going with the TM. as for the WE freezing up, I read that it's because of the the amount of gas it uses each cycle.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2012
  8. Col1500

Col1500 New Member

Kent
    Yeah, which is why I sort of related it to gas efficiency in my mini rant. lol