TM Explained?

Discussion in 'Gas Powered Guns' started by MasterK, Aug 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MasterK

MasterK New Member

Atlanta
    In my search for a GBBP, I have been pushed towards KWA, KSC, and TM. KSC supposedly having better QC but not as readily available (at least here in the states). I pick a KWA of course it's one of the models that apparently sucks (ATP). Fine, I revisit all the choices. But what I don't get is WHY TM is the end all? Looking around at various Asian/Japanese sites, they have a wide selection of TM pistols. But they are all ABS? So upon my reading further I found out that people then buy metal kits for their selected gun and after that exchanges is made, then they become the ultimate Gas pistol?

So out of the box, KWA/KSC, (aside from some specific models) is the way to go. But TM, after finding the metal kit for your gun (if it exists), and any other upgrades has the potential to beat all? Do I kinda have it right? Or are they perfectly fine to run in their plastic form?

2. Shiftyshooter

Shiftyshooter Learn from your mistakes. Lifetime Supporter

Prague
    They are perfectly fine to run on green gas in their plastic form. Except the M9 model. Too many threads on this already.

3. Knief

Knief Moderator Moderator

Ann Arbor
    To answer your specific question, most TMs are better out of the box than their KSC and KWA counter parts. KSC's glocks are a bit better, and their M9s are far superior (TM is releasing an updated M9 soon that should give the KSC a run for its money). There are probably one or two others that I'm blanking on right now. Otherwise, TMs GBB (other than their current M9 series, as noted) are just about the best out there in terms of performance, reliability and looks.

WA is the only company making better looking guns, but they're frequently twice the price. WA has officially entered the collectors market.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.