TM G17 gas consumption

Discussion in 'Gas Powered Guns' started by bobsicle, Nov 4, 2012.

1. bobsicle

bobsicle New Member

San Jose
    Hey all,

I've been on a little hiatus from this forum for a while, only stopping by for the classifieds. Today, I need your help however.

Recently, my TM Glock has been getting gas consumption issues. It's not stock at all:
    - PGC metal slide and outer barrel
    - SD 150% recoil spring
    - AS extended mag catch
    - FF 6.03 tightbore
    - KA hop-up bucking

The magazines are two TM mags with Moondog O-rings and a WE mag.

What irks me is that while the WE mag works perfectly, the TM mags barely charge up.
    1. There isn't as much of a hiss when charging the TM mags compared to the WE mags
    2. The mag only gets off around 10 shots on a *30 second* charge

I've had this problem for... I have no idea, actually.
    What I've narrowed it down to is:
    1. The Moondog O-rings are preventing most of the gas from going inside the mag
    2. The TM mags have a curved magazine lip seal, while the WE one does not. Maybe something related to this, but I doubt it.
    3. The WE mag is simply superior :rolleyes:

I don't think the metal slide is causing a 80% gas efficiency drop affecting *only* the TM mags. :confused:

Anybody have any idea what to fix? All help would be greatly appreciated.

2. bobsicle

bobsicle New Member

San Jose
    Bump! Anyone with any ideas at all? Even if you don't have a TM G17, I'm pretty sure someone out there has to have experience with a similar type problem :(

3. Sophomore

Sophomore New Member

East Bay Area
    It's the o-ring. I've tried to fit o-rings into my TM MK23 and my TM P226 mags and failed.
    Only replace o-rings to mags that originally had o-rings to begin with.

4. bobsicle

bobsicle New Member

San Jose
    Thanks, sophomore! That sounded like a possible solution, but how exactly did you remove your o-rings?

Update: never mind, used a sewing needle to remove them. Will update on performance. Thanks for the tip again!

Last edited: Nov 6, 2012