Airsoft Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

· Administrator
12,539 Posts
And by functioning properly...what is your issue?

· Premium Member
356 Posts
You should describe what is exactly wrong with the slide. Pics or vid of it not functioning properly would really help folks diagnose the issue. Should also be more specific about which springs you are referring to, there are several in the replica.

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It’s a gen3.

The problem is generally to get the slide to cycle as it should and lock back.
I’ve built a couple of glocks and I always end up just randomly trying out different combos of springs. I.e recoil, nozzle and hammerspring.

Wondering if there’s some general rule to apply regarding the springcorrelation?

· Administrator
12,539 Posts
There is no general correlation...its hand crafting...

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What springs do you have in there now? The stock TM springs?
It’s stock springs. And since I’m putting a heavier slide on there with an rmr I’m gonna fit a stronger recoilspring.
The problem is always finding the right hammerspring.

But if there’s no correlation I’ll just try different springs.

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Stock TM outer barrels usually require a mod to promote smoother action. Not sure if this is the cause of you issue or not but it probably won't hurt the situation.
I’m gonna use a PTS ZEV outer barrel.

I havn’t actually recieved the guarder slide in the mail yet.

This is just a problem I’m always having and I’m tired of just trying random spring comboes.

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Maybe I should rephrase the question.

What should I consider when installing a stronger hammer spring?

And a apologize if my english is bad, it’s not my native tounge.

Thank you all for trying to help me out!

· Premium Member
356 Posts
This is just a problem I’m always having and I’m tired of just trying random spring comboes.
Unless you are doing the same exact build over and over with the same exact parts this is always going to be the case. Even if you are using the same exact parts it'll probably still be case because, ya know, Airsoft. The lack of any real spec coupled with spotty QA always make custom builds an adventure of trial and error.

· Premium Member
356 Posts
What should I consider when installing a stronger hammer spring?
One thing to consider is the type of gas you are running. TM replicas are designed for Duster gas. If you are running a higher pressure gas you may need a stronger hammer spring. The temperature in which you are operating is also a factor.

Start with the stock spring. If you experience light striking then you know you need a stronger hammer spring.

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I realise there’s no easy fix. Just hoped there was some kind of general theory on how to get the hammerspring to cooperate.

Thanks for your input and your time!

Glad to have found this place. Missing an airsoftforum in Sweden atm.

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
One thing to consider is the type of gas you are running. TM replicas are designed for Duster gas. If you are running a higher pressure gas you may need a stronger hammer spring. The temperature in which you are operating is also a factor.

Start with the stock spring. If you experience light striking then you know you need a stronger hammer spring.
I’ve considered the gas issue. I use a 140psi greengas. But I always use metal slides.
Actually I don’t go to games. I just like to build glocks on a tm base.

The stock hammerspring is actually strong enough for this gas when using the stock slide
What I need is a hingher gasoutput to compensate for the extra weight from the heavier slide.

· Administrator
12,539 Posts
Actually..no you don't or may not. Again...it's a living system and it may work just fine.

I would do the slide swap first and do performance tests...then determine if you need to change springs.

· Registered
293 Posts
There is no general correlation...its hand crafting...
This is what it is. Knowing who makes what and how they make it is part of this game. Manufacturers will label their springs, generally, but lots don't. Just says "TM upgrade". Which can mean metal not plastic slide, but that is not always the case. The Guarder hammer spring set is made for TM trigger groups with aluminum slides.

As a rule when I build G17's is to start out with WE G17 spring kit because they are made for heavier slides than TM. I bought as many garder leaf spring, guide rod springs I could locate because they are awesome. You start with the WE strings and then fix nozzle to packing compression to raise/stabilize fps. Once stable you can raise fps by bending hammer spring, or different tighter/longer inner barrel.

Now I have six G-series.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts