Airsoft Forum banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
This is what it is. Knowing who makes what and how they make it is part of this game. Manufacturers will label their springs, generally, but lots don't. Just says "TM upgrade". Which can mean metal not plastic slide, but that is not always the case. The Guarder hammer spring set is made for TM trigger groups with aluminum slides.

As a rule when I build G17's is to start out with WE G17 spring kit because they are made for heavier slides than TM. I bought as many garder leaf spring, guide rod springs I could locate because they are awesome. You start with the WE strings and then fix nozzle to packing compression to raise/stabilize fps. Once stable you can raise fps by bending hammer spring, or different tighter/longer inner barrel.

Now I have six G-series.
Thanks!
I don’t have any WE parts lying about but I’ve gotten that advice earlier and it seems sencible enough.
Problem is I can’t fint any supplier in Sweden that sells the WE spring guide. Overall seems hard to find, and I don’t want to buy a complete gun as I prefer building on TM.
I usually just buy Guarder parts from rainbow8.
Do you have any tips on where I can order the WE springguide?
Seems like a good idea to keep a small stash.

· Administrator
12,548 Posts
Not many places just sell WE spring guides by themselves.

This industry has practically no supply chain set-up to distribute and sell OEM parts.

You have to make a request to a distributor, buy the MOQ quantity and have it sent to you.

That is why I have 47 WE fill valves in my possession when I only needed 3.

· Administrator
12,548 Posts
I got those valves at 1/2 their price, landed...granted I had to buy 50...just FYI.

But, nice to know you can get the part from KYAirsoft

· Premium Member
356 Posts
I got those valves at 1/2 their price, landed...granted I had to buy 50
Did you actually save money? So, if we are talking about the $6 valves you paid $3 for them. You laid out $150. You only needed 3 so now you have $141 in parts collecting dust. You could've put that extra money to better use, no?

If you laid out $18 for the valves you actually needed you'd still have $132 to put to work.

I mean, if you're gonna go through all 47 valves or you plan on reselling that's a different story. But for 99% of the folks needing parts buying in quantities that a distributor deals in is not a better deal.

· Administrator
12,548 Posts
What is shipping from Hong Kong for 3 little parts to the USA?

There are many rates Cheapest versus something expeditous...means 14-20 day delivery to 3 day delivery.

Also you can find the same part on eBay for about 8.00 or less.

But, this individual is in EU...so pricing will vary.

I also, play the long game in some situations because I can.

· Premium Member
356 Posts
Dang, you're right I didn't factor in shipping in my calculations. My bad.

From KYAirsoft with HKP it's $6.99 airmail and $9.25 for eExpress. I've never had issues with either of those services. Still not worth buying 50 pieces IMO. You're still gonna have way too much money tied up in parts you don't need.

UPS is $26. Faster delivery time service is going to be around $50.

· Administrator
12,548 Posts
It will be supply and demand...prices are not going down because the parts are not being churned out to glut the market.

Plus, when I do field sales and someone walks up to ask if I have fill valves for WE's and before I say yes. I ask them if they are using high oil GG...and it eventually turns out to be yes and I explain to them that they are damaging WE fill valves when they do that...they go...okay thanks. I will then say why yes...I have some of those valves...8.00. And they are happy to get it there and then...and come back to the field I show up at once a month...to patronize the field...in that type of long game.

· Premium Member
356 Posts
It will be supply and demand.
No business, regardless of sector (manufacturing, distribution, retail) or industry wants stock on hand that they can't move in a timely manner. I still can't get behind buying parts at a lower price that you can't move or consume quickly cause you're losing money.

Plus, when I do field sales and someone walks up to ask if I have fill valves for WE's and before I say yes
How many units you gonna move in this situation? Like how often does this actually come to fruition? How long is it going to take you to move enough units to break even on your investment? Turn a profit?

and come back to the field I show up at once a month...to patronize the field...in that type of long game.
Yeah, I can get behind this. We've chatted before on these forums so I think you know my take on supporting the local fields. If this is the plan, while probably not good business in the short term, is good for the community in the long term. Every field needs this dude, that is if the field isn't providing the service themselves (a lot of them don't I've learned).

· Administrator
12,548 Posts
If I was a "normal" businessman I wouldn't be the insider that I am today with many of these companies and fields.

To show you have potential, you have to make an order to show that you are serious versus someone that pretends to be a big player who has a relative living in the country you are buying from...by making a buy now and then at the "distributor" level keeps those doors open and to keep insider information accessible.

I think of it being a loss leader...

But, I technically have about 20K in Airsoft parts scattered around my home and one day to eventually get rid of...

· Registered
1,045 Posts
You're still gonna have way too much money tied up in parts you don't need.
I thought this is what airsoft is all about lol 😅

I still can't get behind buying parts at a lower price that you can't move or consume quickly cause you're losing money.
It also helps to have minimal overhead as I assume Guges does not have a retail location or employees, and stores all inventory on his property. Also consider that revenue from selling highly liquid items may be converted, depending on his bookkeeping method he may redirect some of the gross profit from those sales into reducing the cost basis for unsold product to zero. Then it doesn't matter if they sell or not, especially if he's not paying for storage facility.

I am not a financial advisor or CPA, I just buy things I don't need and keep track of them in a way that works for me

To show you have potential, you have to make an order to show that you are serious versus someone that pretends to be a big player who has a relative living in the country you are buying from...by making a buy now and then at the "distributor" level keeps those doors open and to keep insider information accessible.
There is definitely a difference in western vs eastern styles of business dealings and it seems as though you're fluent in both, at least in the context of SE Asia and USA

· Premium Member
356 Posts
This conversation has veered all over the place, huh?

My take away is that Guges is a unicorn (in all the best ways of course) in the world of Airsoft.

The point I'm trying to make is most folks needing parts should really consider all the costs, not just the price per piece, when procuring parts at the hobby level. 99.99% of the people on this forum do not need the inventory Guges keeps on hand. Guges is the exception not the rule. Paying twice the price at the retail level, with slow shipping attached, isn't necessarily a terrible thing.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts