TM HK45 Aftermarket Slide Options

Discussion in 'Gas Powered Guns' started by Kyon, Aug 9, 2016.

1. Kyon

Kyon Member

So I actually have 2 TM HK45, originally was going to paint the lower of one FDE but now that the new FDE Tactical TM version is coming I've decided I want to do something a bit different with my spare HK45 and get a metal slide.

From my understanding my options include Detonator, Shooters Design, RA Tech, and Creation. Am I missing one or does anyone have experience with them?

Ideally I would like one with a less shiny finish, I don't know if this is a problem with any of the mentioned slides but the KWA HK45 is way too glossy for my taste. Also I would like a extended barrel for a thread cap at the end.

Budget wise I'm pretty open and willing to go quite deep in. The steel RA Tech slide looks intriguing but I have had mixed experiences with RA Tech steel kits.

2. Steeljaw36

Steeljaw36 Member

Millsboro
    I've got the shooter's design slide and outer barrel on my TM hk45. Definitely not shiny like the stock slide, it a matte dark greyish finish. Trademarks are sharp, though the outer barrel tends to lose its finish rather quickly. The install isn't hard, provided you've done a couple before. Overall,I think the SD option isn't a bad buy, esp since you said you're going to get a threaded outer anyway.
    I just wish there was an aftermarket frame option as well, as I think the stock TM frame also seems rather shiny.