Airsoft Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Couple questions:

(1) I've decided to buy a Marui pistol as my primary yes, I run pistol only and accuracy and range are most important to me (I will get a bolt rifle in the future) which Marui pistols have the newer hop-up system.

(2) Should get an upgraded barrel? I'm looking at the Maple Leaf 6.04, Autobot packing and .28 bbs.

(3) I know the I-key is a spacer, but which of these pistols will accept it. (I read that it works with most Marui spec pistols)

Thanks.

·
Administrator
11,385 Posts
Any of the pistols that is made from the FN 5-Seven on.

Five-7
G19 G3
G17 G4
M&P9

You can google the Pistol or just ask as you narrow it down and we can confirm. Unit should look similar to this, double wheel:

Rectangle Automotive exterior Auto part Bumper Cable

Where there is an AEG style adjustment.

Versus the old style, one wheel adjustment.

Auto part Font Engineering Electric blue

New barrel...not needed, stock barrel is already very good.

Plus regular Autobot is no longer made. That style is now 8 years old and the newest version of that is Autobot Silicone. As for .28g bbs...it depends...you will need a long barrel to get that bb moving and 91mm (G19) isn't going to work as well as 100mm (G17, long)

.25g is a good starting point.

I run a 138mm in a G35 and I hit 335fps with .28g in 85+ degrees with propane.

·
Administrator
11,385 Posts
Depends on your bb.

Trend in Asia is as soft as possible...

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
I run the newer ML autobot 60 in my vfc g19 g3, old style hop chamber, impressive range and consistency increase for such a simple upgrade. Nozzle likes to stick with the C clip installed so I leave it off - some gbb like it some don't. The I key is for buckings with a diamond patch & heavier round, works with hop units that have a split lobe hop 'arm' such as on the older one... Not sure what the hop arm on the new chamber looks like / if it needs the key?

·
Administrator
11,385 Posts
Key was also for more consistent down force...to augment the lack of profile of the metal bracket.

The Hop-Up in the FNX is very good. That is a newer unit.

·
Administrator
11,385 Posts
Up to you.

Both shoot the 6mm ball and is a TM

Be it known that aftermarket parts are slim for the M&P and nearly none for the FNX...

So, get what appeals to you.

·
Administrator
11,385 Posts
Well, it is a TBB, due to the barrel being a Laylax Palsonite.

But,the FPS is not due to it being a TBB. It's due to the barrel length being longer and the ability to let gases expand and push the bb faster over something that is much shorter at 97mm.

You know...Like a real .357 Magnum where the 6" Barrel Variant shoots a cartridge at 1300FPS and a 4" barrel is only at 1190FPS

Gas Guns in Airsoft works very much like real firearm's and not like AEG's when it comes to barrels and pressure.

·
Administrator
11,385 Posts
What are you getting that is labelled "Red Gas", I aks this because "original" Red Gas is no longer available.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Arg, final, final question, is there any performance/ durability between "hammer fired" and "striker fired" replicas?

I'm assuming no (I haven't had very many hammers) because there isn't a real striker, hammer, or firing pin, but I wasn't sure. (I've had a 1911 and a GLOCK, the 1911 blew up)

[edit] I know some of it, but I wanted your opinions.

·
Administrator
11,385 Posts
All Airsoft guns are "hammer" fired. There is only one Striker "style" Fired Airsoft Pistol and that is a $500.00 Glock made by GHK.

Bumper Font Automotive tire Office supplies Automotive exterior

·
Administrator
11,385 Posts
yes...lack of any major support for all aspects...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts