TM MK23 or G17

Discussion in 'What Gun Should I Get?' started by Felix Hochhauser, May 3, 2018.

1. Felix Hochhauser

Felix Hochhauser New Member

Schwanenstadt
    Hello!
    I recently asked about the Glock...., and then I saw the TM MK23......
    Because I am a Sniper I think the MK23 is a good choice becuase it is really silent and accurate. But it is really big and made of plastic.
    I also like the Glock due to the handy design. Also it is high-quality and you can shoot faster than with a MK23. But the Glock isn't so silent.
    In Addition, my plan is to get an Assault Rifle in order to do something other like sniping. ( I don't know if a mk23 is a good pistol for an assault)
    So here is my question: What do you think is the better weapon.
    ps: I don't want to spend more than 400 Euros.

2. Honeybadgerz17

Honeybadgerz17 Well-Known Member

Bellevue
    so do you want a aeg for field or cqb, if you buy a stubby AR you could even use that for a secondary

3. link0

link0 Well-Known Member

SF Bay Area
    MK23 is definitely a good secondary for snipers, since it's supposedly as accurate as most stock rifle AEGs. Non-blow back pistols aren't as fun though.

Or you can get a Mp5k AEG and have way more firepower. It's currently the one of smallest AEG with a full gearbox.

Last edited: May 3, 2018
  4. interceptor

interceptor Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Los Angeles
    The TM glocks are also plastic (not that I think that is a problem). I think the two are different otherwise as you and link0 have noted. MK23=NBB and longer trigger pull but quieter. Not sure if range matters, my TM G17 is pretty accurate out to 50 feet which is probably longer than the engagement distances you would use it for.

5. Felix Hochhauser

Schwanenstadt
    But I will upgrade the TM G17 with a metal slide and better internals.

6. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis
    Then why buy a TM? Do that with a cheaper G17.

In stock for the TM G17 is no slouch. Effective hop-up for 30 meter shots, light weight polymer slide means faster shots. Mitigate gas usage with the PROPER Gas and you won't crack the slide. Or just replace the slide and use stock internals...it will be a very dependable pistol.

Otherwise get a WE/Stark and upgrade that internally....not a TM.

BTW...the MK23 is all plastic too.

7. Cbg133

Cbg133 Member

I’ve got a MK23, silent like death. Amazing gun, NBB which isn’t cool but makes it so gas conservative which is nice. Don’t let the plastic bother you, it’s really sturdy. Also nicely balanced considering how large it is.

8. jslick_007

jslick_007 New Member

Orange County
    I have an old KSC MK23 with a metal slide, knights metal suppressor, with the correct MK23 LAM unit. Fun toy and definitely accurate. BTW, the old KSC's were blowback, but not gas efficient.

9. Felix Hochhauser

Schwanenstadt
  10. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis
    It's a TM NBB...its quiet even without the mock silencer...you could stick an empty aspirin bottle on it with foam and it would be undetectable.