TM MP7 vs. KWA MP7

Discussion in 'What Gun Should I Get?' started by Kommando, Nov 7, 2012.

1. Kommando

Kommando New Member

Oklahoma City
    Dont think there is another thread about this. I did some brief searching and did not find anything. If there is another thread discussing this, mods please delete this thread.

Ok with that out of the way, I have been wanting to buy an MP7 for a while now and since KWA was the only one who carry the GBB MP7, I was going to buy one of those, drop a low power bolt into it and rock it for CQB. That was my plan until recently when TM released their MP7 and I was torn.

Pros and Cons I could think of off the top of my head. Feel free to comment if you can think of more.

TM MP7

-Its TM!! upgrade-ability super easy when they start releasing parts for it.
    -TM addressed some problems the KWA/KSCs were having and made this one better
    -Mags are fairly cheap. About $43 apiece on Redwolf.
    -Fully licensed.
    -FPS is CQB ready out of the box
    -Price. $330 plus shipping
    -At the moment, can only be ordered overseas
    -Cannot be used in the winter

KWA MP7

-Cheaper than TM ($255 with free shipping from ASGI)
    -Ships from ASGI or EVIKE (Cali)
    -Mags are easy to get a hold of and $40 bucks a piece
    -NS2 system allows me to use it in the winter.

-FPS too high. Need to get a low power bolt.
    -No upgrade-ability

Feel free to comment about either of these and input more pros and cons if you can think of them. I really want to know you opinion on which I should get. PLEASE DO NOT SIMPLY POST "GET THE KWA" please state a few reasons why.

Thank you.
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2012
  2. Masonicrat

Masonicrat Member

New London
    Can we assume you are talking of TM's new gbb and not their AEP?

3. Valkyrie

Valkyrie Active Member

Don't forget that the KWA will break faster 99.99% of the time do to the mediocre internals compared to the TM. I am definitely interested in the TM. 330 seems reasonable for the quality you're getting.