TM or WE G18c?

Discussion in 'Gas Powered Guns' started by Avoqin, Dec 28, 2012.

1. Avoqin

Avoqin New Member

Highland
    Out of the TM and WE G18c's, which would you guys prefer and why? Im currently leaned more towards the WE because of the orange tip and how easy it would be to put a surpressor on. But in overall durability, I dont know how long it would last. If possible, please create some time of Pro-Con chart for both, thanks in advance :)

2. stroop66

stroop66 Member

Go with TMs. Everyone on this site will say the same. TMs will last you so much longer, and wont break after 2 weeks of use.

3. Avoqin

Avoqin New Member

Highland
    Do you know any other brand that will last long and be full auto? I basically just want a long lasting full auto glock

4. stroop66

stroop66 Member

TM is your best bet, but there is also KSC.

5. TYSONtheSNIPER

TYSONtheSNIPER New Member

Edmonton
    I don't think a PRO/CON thing is needed when comparing a WE gun and a TM.

But I'll attempt one.

First things first I'm comparing the TM G18c (which I own) with the WE G18c (which my friend owns, and I've been able to try a few times), so this won't be the best, but its already obvious as to which one you should get. So here we go.

TM G18c

PRO's:
    -Accurate (thanks to TM's outstanding hopup unit)
    -Smooth operating
    -Nice external quality
    -Great internals
    -Upgradeable
    -Good magazines (less likely to leak)

CON's
    -Plastic slide (like nearly every TM gun, it will be plastic, but it is very durable)
    -Lower FPS (this ones debatable, I myself don't see it as a CON, but others might)

WE G18c

PRO's
    -Metal slide
    -Higher FPS (again this is debatable)
    -Upgradeable (BUUUTT... A lot needs to be upgraded, so less of a PRO then TM's)

CON's
    -Cheap externals (Pot metal slide, cheap feeling plastic used for the lower)
    -Weak accuracy and range
    -More likely to have leaky mags
    -More prone to break because of bad internals/externals
    -Chances that the gun won't even work right in BRAND NEW condition

I could go on and on, but I'm not.

So, if you want an excellent Glock get TM, and if you want a headache in a box get WE.

6. stroop66

stroop66 Member

Nuff said, but if you do want to buy a WE check the classifieds a guy selling a good set up for a WE glock

7. FSTK

FSTK Member

If this is your first Glock: get the Marui 18C and save yourself the headaches.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2012
  8. Avoqin

Avoqin New Member

Highland
    Yeah it is, I cant find the TM one on airsplat.. Anyone have a link?

9. Valkyrie

Valkyrie Active Member

10. Pirate223

Pirate223 New Member

KSC is also an option, though I would still go with TM because of all the aftermarket parts.

11. thatoneguy

thatoneguy New Member

Lakeville
    The WE is garbage. Don't even consider it unless you want a issue.

12. bbattlefield

bbattlefield New Member

Agreed. I've had more success using mine as a throwing star than as a gun. I've never owned a Tokyo mauri, but I hear they are nice. Either way almost anything is better than we... Lol

13. Avoqin

Avoqin New Member

Highland
    Alright then, ill look into TM.. I just dont like ordering over seas

14. PeterLuger

PeterLuger New Member

I got my TM five seven from ehobbyasia, it only takes about 3 days to get there. The only disadvantage is the shipping..

15. Avoqin

Avoqin New Member

Highland
    Yeah, do they have any coupon codes like Evike?

16. PeterLuger

PeterLuger New Member

No, atleast not that I know of. But they have some really hard-to-find guns man, and not at a ridiculous price. Check 'em out. They only sell guns though, nothing more. Could be a problem.

17. magpul22

magpul22 New Member

I have a socom gear timberwolf. Its WE stock but upgraded. I put in a new outerbarrel and tight bore and this gun is great. The regular WE ones might not be but the timberwolf is fine.

18. Avoqin

Avoqin New Member

Highland
    Yeah I plan to do some upgrades to it soon

19. Knief

Knief Moderator Moderator

Ann Arbor
    The Timberwolf also isn't a Glock. It sort of resembles one, but definitely is not a Glock. Much like the ATP, it's an attempt to get around Glock's trademark likeness rights issues.

What the hell are you talking about? Ehobby is a full scale airsoft shop that sells guns, mags, bbs, batteries, accessories, tactical gear, and everything else. Ehobby, just like the other big Hong Kong retailers, has a wider selection than any of the major US retailers.

20. Avoqin

Avoqin New Member

Highland
    Nice, thanks for your corrections.