TM PS90 High Cycle how to downgrade, help?

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by MadMartigan, Jan 26, 2016.

1. MadMartigan

MadMartigan New Member

Strabane
    Hi
    I'm new to airsoft and have purchased a TM PS90 HC as my first new gun and would like it to be my primary weapon. The only problem is that my local club has an 18bps limit and at the minute with it completely stock on an 8.4V nimh it's firing at 28bps. So I need to find a way to bring this down or close to the 18 mark.

Would an original torque motor do the trick or would I need to change the gears out as well? 18:1? I'm looking for the easiest and most cost effective way to bring this down. I would preferably like to make as little changes as possible so take taking it to another site and changing parts won't be too much effort the night before.

It's currently also firing at 275fps. I live in Ireland so the limit on fps is 328, so I'm going to buy a m100 spring as well (I'll test and cut it if needed). I need to keep this in mind as these upgrades will be done all at the one time. I have already purchased a Madbull stell bull 363mm 6.03 tightbore barrel for it, that I haven't yet fitted. I'm not always going to be playing at the local club that's why I went for the high cycle.

Any feedback, suggestions and opinions are welcome to help a newbie out :D

2. ma_airsoft

ma_airsoft Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I'm not too sure but I think the plug and play mosfets can regulate your rounds per second. They may not but I thought they did

3. Zaryk

Zaryk Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Southern
    The burst wizard mosfet absolutely can regulate the rate of fire of an aeg.

4. MadMartigan

MadMartigan New Member

Strabane
    That's great! Thanks, I will definitely look into that :D

5. MadMartigan

MadMartigan New Member

Strabane
    Just an update. I bought the bw3 mosfet. Plugged it in and was able to down grade the rps to 65% of its max leaving my rate of fire 18 a sec. This worked a treat and has many other handy features. The only downside is that the trigger pull is quite long on the TM ps90 and you use that to program it. Sonetimes having to pull the trigger 15 times in 4secs, but needing to make sure the trigger comes out the full way before pulling it again was a bit of a pain. Didn't bother me too much as the benefits are brilliant.
    Thanks again for the tip!!

6. Zaryk

Zaryk Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Southern
    Im glad to hear it worked out well for you. It does have a ton of features and can make an aeg very versatile.