TM Thompson M1A1

Discussion in 'What Gun Should I Get?' started by BaghdadRecon, Dec 11, 2012.

1. BaghdadRecon

BaghdadRecon New Member

Greenville
    Hey guys and gals! I am a very active WW2 airsoft reenacter, and am wanting a new project. I already have a Marushin M1 Garand, and Marushin M1 Carbine (converted to an m1a1 carbine). Despite what you guys will say, they have given me no problems. Anyways, I have been looking at the Tokyo Marui Thompson M1A1 for a project gun. I know it has very good externals, but as usual, not so good internals. I will be upgrading the spring, motor, cylinder, cylinder head, etc. Plus, I will be putting a real wood kit on it.

I was wondering if I should get this gun or, possibly another weapon. $450 is alot to spend on a weapon like that. Tell me what you guys think. Maybe give me some other era guns that would be good for what I'm doing. (preferably American)

2. levirocks

levirocks #FreeNuggy Lifetime Supporter

arlington
    Buy the Cyma or the KA instead. The TM is a bad choice if you are going to be doing all of that anyway.

3. BaghdadRecon

BaghdadRecon New Member

Greenville
    But, would the externals be the same? I mean full metal upper and lower receivers?

4. levirocks

levirocks #FreeNuggy Lifetime Supporter

arlington
    IIRC the TM will use all plastic due to japanese law. The Cyma and KA will have a metal upper, but a plastic lower as all Thompson replicas have for some reason. You have to purchase a separate lower to get metal.

5. BaghdadRecon

BaghdadRecon New Member

Greenville
    I thought I read that the TM had an all metal upper and lower. I'm pretty sure of it. Though, I will look again.

6. BaghdadRecon

BaghdadRecon New Member

Greenville
    This Thompson, for sure, has the best looks.