To Bore-up or not bore-up

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by guitarmaniak, Aug 9, 2012.

1. guitarmaniak

guitarmaniak New Member

Ok, so I just purchased a Madbull 590mm 6.03 tightbore barrel. I've seen a lot of mixed opinions about whether or not a bore-up kit is really worth it. I already have a Type 0 Cylinder.

Thoughts?

2. AirsoftMan29

AirsoftMan29 New Member

Ofallon
    I've heard bore up kits out extra strain on the motor. Idk if it's true though

3. Plinker42

Plinker42 New Member

Lexington
    Put in the barrel. See how it works. It's honestly the only way to see if it will work

4. Adman234

Adman234 Active Member

Wildwood
    In my experience they make little to no difference. But you can't find good o-rings in a bore-up size, so I would just stick to regular.

I would just cut down and re-crown the barrel if I were you. 590mm is just redundant. 455mm is ideal for an AEG.

5. alex

alex New Member

Atlanta
    what fps and bb weight? heavier bb's require longer barrel length.

6. Lefse

Lefse Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I agree with Adman234, 590mm is longer than necessary, you can get great accuracy and compression with barrels as short as 250mm if you know what you're doing. It's pretty much a myth that shorter barrels are inaccurate, it is a bit more difficult to get good compression with very short barrels, but not impossible.

Exactly why do you need a longer barrel to use heavier bb's?

7. alex

alex New Member

Atlanta
    heavier bbs take longer to reach maximum velocity (requiring longer barrel).

8. guitarmaniak

guitarmaniak New Member

I'll check it out when it comes in the mail. I only went with that long of a barrel because I'm trying to give my gun the sniper look. Lol

9. Adman234

Adman234 Active Member

Wildwood
    Yeah, I did the same with my first real gun.

The inner barrel doesn't need to extend all the way through the outer and silencer.

10. guitarmaniak

guitarmaniak New Member

Ok, cool. That's good to know. I went ahead and ordered a 509mm as well.