Airsoft Forum banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

· Registered
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

New project on page 2
Tool Line Font Auto part Engineering

Machine gun Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory

picked up a TM mws from RWA, took about a month to get here. All the accessories came before the gun arrived lol:

RS KAC grip and rail covers

KAC style tracer cover (Acetech lighter tracer)

PEQ 15 with ir/green dot/400lmn white light

clone Acog 4x32 fiber optic

UTG 1/3 rail cover sections

Magpul ms3 sling

build1
Machine gun Trigger Air gun Gun barrel Gun accessory

build2
Automotive tire Font Bumper Automotive exterior Auto part

internals are bone stock.. for now..

· Registered
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Sold my G&P woc for a more skirmishable platform. I can already tell this gbbr is VERY gas efficient.

CHRONO results on r152a gas (o-zone friendly duster gas) are 250FPS

versus the r134a gas they use in Japan which brings this closer to 290FPS

I have not tried propane yet, but IIRC it takes it closer to 340FPS

IMHO these are good numbers. I mostly play indoors so i can appreciate the CQB legal power.

Ideally, I would like 300fps on duster (r152a) and a more outdoor/DMR/cold weather fps on green gas/propane.

The stock barrel is sadly 250mm, or CQB length, even in m4a1 barrel length. If anyone knows the stock inner diameter, please let me know. but i do know increasing barrel length can up the FPS some.

Im considering a 363mm+ 6.01mm tbb as a first upgrade (hopefully an upgrade)

· Administrator
12,527 Posts
Put in a Crazy jet barrel and ML packing and that put it up a notch in laser like qualities.

You can get 134a at Auto supply stores or on ebay. Make sure you get the no lubricant stuff.

· Registered
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do they Make adapters for the 134a? Or can I stick the duster gas adapter in the hole. I've never tried to use an automotive r134a container. Iirc there are threads on those.

I'm also kicking myself because evike just stocked some tbb for the mws.

I just ordered a WE spec gbbr 500mm tbb I plan on chopping and Recrowning.

· Administrator
12,527 Posts
Return it.

You will need to fabricate your own adapter based on your gas source. With the Automotive ones. People just cut and clamp a tube on the line. Open valve...close valve when full.

· Registered
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Return it.

You will need to fabricate your own adapter based on your gas source. With the Automotive ones. People just cut and clamp a tube on the line. Open valve...close valve when full.
that method seems shady as heck dude lol. hence why i would prefer to use the r152a and propane.

what is interesting enough is that r152a in a KSC g-series reaches 280-290 fps EASY. cycles like a dream too. full lock back on empty. for reference, on propane the ksc hits 380-390fps. id like to see these power levels on the 2 fuels on my MWS.

but good advice on the barrel. Id rather save myself the work of machining

· Administrator
12,527 Posts
You can also get a gas charger and blend your gas.

· Registered
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You can also get a gas charger and blend your gas.
Thats next level airsofting! definitely an option but im too lazy to be weighing gases. plus, if i run out of the small charger mix, im done. id need to stock up on charger cans.

also, im returning the WE 6.01mm.. going to compare accuracy/power on the stock 250mm versus this 370mm 6.0mm. threw in a spare mag since they were in stock, and get free shipping.

Font Tool Tire Office supplies Parallel

Font Auto part Art Gun barrel Electric blue

· Administrator
12,527 Posts
I would not go that tight with any Airsoft barrel it is worse for accuracy...and it will limit your bb selection.

· Registered
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
@Uller

got your last email. not ignoring lol. had to sift through each page in the UK forums to find the 350rd MWS hi cap magazine builder "rocketdogbert" apparently chops up a mws mag, machines the WE m4 gbbr adapter, then epoxy to mag.

If you're looking for my prowin v2 flash magazine retrofit, it failed, but its in my signature.

link:

https://airsoft-forums.uk/topic/40967-the-tm-mws-thread/page/29/
https://airsoft-forums.uk/topic/40967-the-tm-mws-thread/page/21/

Hand Guitar accessory Revolver Finger Font

another guys modified mag:

Plant Chainsaw Automotive tire Tire Grass

· Registered
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
made an automotive r134a adapter. drill 5.9mm hole on this adapter from walmart, use AI duster gas adpter:

Fluid Liquid Gas Plastic bottle Plumbing fixture

note: buy the can with adapter $18, but dont use the r134a because it has "leak stop sealer liquid"

just use the adapter on the leak stopperless gas.

· Registered
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
installed the 6.0mm laylax barrel. perfect fit. ez install. good disassembly video on youtube!

no accuracy testing yet, but i did some chrono shots on 4 gases: r134a > r152a > propane > Mapp

temp about 60 degrees, magazine were allowed to warm up.

both r134a and r152a shot 240fps. no real change. booo

propane: there was a jumped of +30fps. from 340 to 370fps.

Mapp: i never tested with the 250mm barrel, but it got a solid 380 fps

IMO the +30fps bump of propane justifies the barrel. to squeeze out more fps (and hopefully increase the duster gases power) i would need to test different power nozzles... i think.

Wood Cabinetry Flooring Wood stain Gas

Rectangle Wood Sleeve Pattern Font

Musical instrument Wood Office supplies Stationery Metal

· Registered
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
GOT IT! shooting 408-410 on propane and 285-290 on r134a/r152a!

apparently you can increase the fps by sanding the stock floating valve in certain places.

i also found out having a silent filler oring hinders gas capacity severely. TM designed their filler valves to spit once the magazine is full. okay!

these are un-modified pictures but shortening the nozzle spring holder on the first pic will shift the valve backward diverting more air down the barrel. you would also need to re-open that channel in the middle to help divert gas to recoil action.

Probably un-necessary, but i used a solder iron to "knife edge" the nozzle septum.

these # were chrono'd in 55 degree temps btw.

Green Finger Gesture Gadget Thumb

Tints and shades Grass Rectangle Font Audio equipment

Green Rectangle Font Pattern Strap

· Registered
1,573 Posts
i also found out having a silent filler oring hinders gas capacity severely. TM designed their filler valves to spit once the magazine is full. okay!
I think it's crazy that many people haven't heard of this design. I just watched a video from Airsoftology about ICS's new gas system (a fill valve with a side hole in it for gas expulsion when filling). The video came out only 6 months ago and Jonothan claims it's a "game changer" for GBBs, but Tokyo Marui has been doing this for over a decade now lol

Reactions: adas1223

· Registered
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I think it's crazy that many people haven't heard of this design. I just watched a video from Airsoftology about ICS's new gas system (a fill valve with a side hole in it for gas expulsion when filling). The video came out only 6 months ago and Jonothan claims it's a "game changer" for GBBs, but Tokyo Marui has been doing this for over a decade now lol
I'm sure 99% of airsofters don't know this, and still put the Orings on their Maruis.

This is my first Marui, so technically I learned quick lol.

Also Kinda sucks for propane use bc the smell goes right in your face.

· Registered
1,573 Posts

· Administrator
12,527 Posts
Marui user from 1999...looks at you guys...wanders off.

This is why there are two bearings in some AEG, o-Ring nozzles and other components that are just...badly designed,...

· Registered
1,573 Posts
Marui user from 1999...looks at you guys...wanders off.

This is why there are two bearings in some AEG, o-Ring nozzles and other components that are just...badly designed,...
That's the year I was born okay be nice :p:D

Reactions: adas1223
1 - 20 of 61 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.