Tokyo Marui Gindan Series

Discussion in 'Spring Powered Guns' started by Inceptor57, Nov 7, 2012.

1. Inceptor57

Inceptor57 New Member

San Ramon
    I want to raise awareness of this cheap, revolutionary pistol made by Tokyo Marui. I don't know when it came out, but it is one of the coolest thing I have seen for the spring pistol families in a long while.

Tokyo Marui calls it the "Gindan" Series

These pistols are spring powered, but what makes them unique is that they are also semi-automatic! There is no need to cock the slide back before taking a shot, just squeeze the trigger! These springers fire BBs at about 12-15 meters and may not be powerful at all, but they make great cheap secondaries or a back up to your back up (to your back up?)!

Currently, there is only a Walther PPK and a Glock 26 model with this design and they come in many different colors, like silver to plain pink!

here's a video review from an airsofter on youtube (Khan-Seb)
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmkXwuccbAQ&feature=youtube_gdata"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmkXwuccbAQ&feature=youtube_gdata[/ame]

2. Adman234

Adman234 New Member

Wildwood
    I made a thread on these things about a year ago. Really cool, even if they are only like 200 fps. I never got one.

3. Axis

Axis New Member Supporting Member

Wow, these do seem pretty cool. I would get one if I wasn't working on a custom gun. :p

4. Maxuhmize

Maxuhmize New Member

OKC
    Man! Those are pretty cool! Do you happen to know any places that sells them?

5. IHOP

IHOP New Member

Rockton
    Ehobby Asia has them. Haven't bothered to look anywhere else.

For those wondering, they work by the pull of the trigger directly compressing the spring. With a normal spring gun, a sear would catch it to keep it coked until firing, but instead, it hook onto nothing thus firing immediately. This is what allows semi automatic. Kind of like a BASR with a slam firing issue.

6. Inceptor57

Inceptor57 New Member

San Ramon
    I plan to get one when it gets restocked, this hasn't been discontinued has it?

7. stroop66

stroop66 New Member

Me want o-o.........

8. dylan484

dylan484 New Member

Tifton
    These are pretty cool!!

9. GolfisGood

GolfisGood New Member

Elmhurst
    200 fps? "The TM Gindan, why not just tickle your opponents"

10. PistolsAndMP5s

PistolsAndMP5s New Member

Corona
    I'm actually getting this for my cousin for Christmas! This actually looks good for backyard plinkering.