tokyo marui mk96

Discussion in 'What Gun Should I Get?' started by connor1999, Oct 6, 2012.

1. connor1999

connor1999 New Member

hey guys i was thinking about getting the tokyo marui mk96 sniper rifle but i cant find any reviews so if anyone has this gun could they please list all the metal parts, plastic parts, and any upgrades i might be interested in. so basically just a in depth review of the gun.

thanks

Last edited: Oct 19, 2012
  2. soviet

soviet New Member

TM is a good brand. I did not know they made L96. Link?

3. BlueReaper46

BlueReaper46 New Member

If it is a spring gun he is talking about they are one of 2 makers of spring L96's with the mag in the correct position(The other is ARES). This may be what he is talking about:

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=6052

If so I have a decent list of upgrades for him(ones i plan on getting myself once i have the $$)

EDIT: Also, out of the 2, the TM is better. Funny enough, that gun is the exact same one in his picture... so im guessing thats the one.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2012
  4. connor1999

connor1999 New Member

yep thats the one....how can you tell if a airsoft gun is good or not ive had two previously and they both broke within a month i spent about $100 on each so i guess its not that you get what you pay for all the time

5. BlueReaper46

BlueReaper46 New Member

It is, you do get what you pay for. $100 for a gun is actually low(well that depends on what kind of guns they were) Tokyo Marui is a very good company, and the sniper is better than most out of the box. I believe that it is mostly metal internals. What is your total budget? I have a parts list for this gun, good parts at the lowest prices i could find, and Ill give it to you, but I would like to know your budget first. Also, ASGI is the cheapest place to get the actual gun from($309, facebookfan coupon makes it $271.92, and you get free shipping)

6. connor1999

connor1999 New Member

340 is my absolute max i can do :/ the first i would want to do it get a new spring because 310 fps is pretty low

7. BlueReaper46

BlueReaper46 New Member

High FPS is not want you want first. First, upgrade barrel, trigger, and everything else before the spring, otherwise you could damage the gun. You can get a far shot with 310 FPS with the right after market and DIY upgrades. however, $340 for the gun and upgrades doesnt leave much. I would suggest getting the gun, using it for a bit, and trying to save up for parts.

EDIT: Why did you decide on this sniper? what was the reason?

Last edited: Oct 6, 2012
  8. connor1999

connor1999 New Member

alright thank for you help :)

9. BlueReaper46

BlueReaper46 New Member

why exactly did you decide on that exact gun? was it the mag location? the full metal?

10. connor1999

connor1999 New Member

location of the mag i like the realism of it

11. BlueReaper46

BlueReaper46 New Member

Alright, yea thats the same reason I am going to get it. If it wasnt that I would say get a well or UTG and youll have plenty of money for upgrades. But the TM is pretty good out of box.

12. connor1999

connor1999 New Member

kool ty for the help. could you still sent me the upgrade parts in a private message for later when i get more $$$$ and there links too.....only if you have them if not ill find it also what do you estimate everything will cost together

Last edited: Oct 7, 2012
  13. BlueReaper46

BlueReaper46 New Member

yea no problem, i will say that i chose some of the better quality parts, so its a bit pricier then other options, but the parts will last you. Its not a complete list, but its most of the parts you should upgrade

14. Njnewland

Njnewland New Member Lifetime Supporter

Cherryville
    Read the rules, please.
    You need to work on your grammar and spelling before posting again.