Featured Tokyo Marui NextGen M4s: Any owners bothered by sub-300 FPS?

Discussion in 'What Gun Should I Get?' started by modularvideo, Nov 24, 2021.

1. modularvideo

modularvideo Member

Los Angeles
    So I'm on the fence about Tokyo Maruis. I held one the other day at Evike, and they are gorgeous. Everything about them exudes quality and attention to detail. I know many rewire these for Deans, but I absolutely love the integrated battery system—for me, it's one of NextGen's most attractive features.

Anyone here actually own any Tokyo Marui AEG and regret the purchase due to the low-FPS? Note that I'm only a backyard target-shooter and don't play. Also, my favorite target is aluminum Coke cans, and I get pretty excited if a BB actually penetrates one of 'em.

My current AEG rifles shoot pretty fast (claimed 400+) so I'm concerned I may perceive the Tokyo Marui's comparatively slower BB-travel as a bit of a killjoy.

I don't plan to mod these to increase FPS since most advise that they shoot great out-of-the-box and have been engineered to work as a total system. Black Friday is approaching, and my finger is on the trigger, so to speak. So, yea or nay?

2. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis
    Your talking tenths of a second here.

One thing, if you ever get a TM. The out of the box range and accuracy for a ~300 FPS shooter is a standard that no other maker has consistently met...unlike TM. Closest would be a Krytac....

modularvideo likes this.

3. Jonnyboyman

Jonnyboyman Member

St. Paul
    since you are just in your backyard, you won’t notice a difference.

Even if you were playing CQB, you wouldn’t notice a difference.

when I was talking about the low FPS “drawback”, it’s really only applicable when you’re playing outdoors - shooting at ranges around 50-70 yards, where you can start to see how fast the bb is traveling.

modularvideo likes this.
  4. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis
    Plus most TM's are around ~315 for their NGR AEG's

modularvideo likes this.
  5. Ben3721

Ben3721 Well-Known Member

It wouldn't to hard to have someone swap the gears for steel ones and spring that is stronger if you wanted.

JHat likes this.
  6. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
    An NGRS is not as easy to get into as one may think.

From the land of heavy NGRS users.

Lonex Gear Set for NGRS

"Compatible with all TM NGRS variants.

These gears require technical skill and knowledge to install. They should be shimmed from the motor pinion/bevel up to the sector to ensure smooth operation."

7. Jonnyboyman

Jonnyboyman Member

St. Paul
    Which NGR TM’s are 315? I knew you got good prices but didn’t know they were “that” good, wow!

8. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
    315fps.

The dealer gets them for less than $315 actually...