Tokyo marui Or JG G-spec Help

Discussion in 'Sniper Rifles' started by jroewe25, Dec 26, 2012.

1. jroewe25

jroewe25 New Member

Hi i was wondering what the major differences between the jg and tokyo marui g spec.
    first off i would like to know if the JG version has the airbrake built in it to make it more quiet
    Second the external finish can you see/feel the finish on the body
    Third does the silencer actually work on the Jg version
    Fourth is Which one is quieter

I would like to buy the jg because its cheaper but the tokyo marui looks so much better which one do you recomend

2. TYSONtheSNIPER

TYSONtheSNIPER New Member

Edmonton
    I'd recommend the JG because it will save you more money for upgrades... And you NEED upgrades in basr's.

Usually upgrades will cost more then the gun itself (depending on what rifle you have) so cheap out on the rifle, and splurge on the upgrades.

Also, what type of budget do you have for upgrades? Because that really is the deciding factor on whether or not you should buy a sniper rifle?

3. jroewe25

jroewe25 New Member

I have about $400 in all and i get more each week i was also wondering is how quiet is the gun the jg

4. TYSONtheSNIPER

Edmonton
    Well I'd think the TM would be pretty silent just because it would have a weaker spring and better machined stock internals, but both can be made out to be very quiet and if you upgrade it right the stock internals won't even be used anymore. The beauty of spring powered guns is that they are very very quiet, and when upgraded properly, the people being shot by it won't even know where they were shot from.

5. jroewe25

jroewe25 New Member

What do you think a good fps would be then to down/upgrade then?

6. TYSONtheSNIPER

Edmonton
    It doesn't need to be ridiculous. I'd say Mid 400's is fine. But when upgradeing don't focus on the power, its far less important then things like your hopup/bucking/barrel and such.

7. jroewe25

jroewe25 New Member

what internals do you recomend

8. TYSONtheSNIPER

Edmonton
    If your budget allows it go for either PDI or Laylax. If that's to much then you have other options, I'm just not familiar with them as well (I always go with the tried and true). I have heard decent things about angel customs, but you could do better.

My best advice is to go with parts that your happy to put the money down for. If your not willing to put down $100+ for a single part then PDI or Laylax may be a bit steep.

9. jroewe25

jroewe25 New Member

OK thank you for the help your awesome