Tokyo Marui sr16???

Discussion in 'Electric Guns' started by kurono935, Dec 7, 2012.

1. kurono935

kurono935 New Member

Maumee
    is the Tokyo Marui sr16 discontinued or is there a site that has them in stock???

2. Valkyrie

Valkyrie New Member

3. kurono935

kurono935 New Member

Maumee
    mmmm well do they ship to usa???

4. Valkyrie

Valkyrie New Member

I may be wrong, but I believe they do if you create an account. Keep in mind, if they have a comment section, ask for them to put putty over the trades so when it gets in the U.S. you just have to pull off the putty and your trades will be intact.

5. kurono935

kurono935 New Member

Maumee
    thanks for the but i think ill need a cheaper one $64 for shipping so total of $374

6. Valkyrie

Valkyrie New Member

It's cheaper then the one store in the one store in the U.S. that had the weapon, but it was out of stock. If you have bad luck finding one, check out the classifieds on here and some other forms. You might find one there.

7. Ehudakineyah

Ehudakineyah New Member

Mililani
    I can check locally. Hawaii carries a lot of TM stuff in stock. Not us lol.

Haven't seen too many TM SR-16's floating around Craigslist either.

I'll try source one out and post back.

If anything, the site is PoweredgeUSA.com

8. Valkyrie

Valkyrie New Member

Oh! Just realized I've ordered from your store before. +1 to their store. They carry some RARE guns at very good prices.

They have it! And with free shipping!
    http://poweredgeusa.com/Tokyo-Marui/TM-M16/M4-Series/Tokyo-Marui-SR-16 :D

9. JakeBworth

JakeBworth New Member

Hoboville
    The FPS in the 200s is a major turn off for me. Especially on such a big gun.

10. Knief

Knief Moderator Staff Member

Ann Arbor
    Then it's a good thing you're not buying the gun. The man seems to know what he wants, and wasn't asking for input on which gun to buy.

11. Ehudakineyah

Ehudakineyah New Member

Mililani
    Yes they do lol :) Hawaii is one of the few places to always stock Tokyo Marui guns :)

You're welcome :) enjoy

12. JakeBworth

JakeBworth New Member

Hoboville
    So in continuance of this line of thought, if a kid comes here and he is dead intent on buying a TMC Crossdraw vest (and he is not asking for any input) and wants to know where he can buy one, then we are just supposed to point him towards the nearest Chinese retailer without mentioning the disadvantages of buying said Cross draw or perhaps advantages of alternative vest that are available?

Your logic makes absolutely No sense Knief. Just because someone "knows what they want" doesn't mean it's the best option. One of the main points of an airsoft forum is to help other people by giving them your thoughts and opinions. You should know this.

13. Ehudakineyah

Ehudakineyah New Member

Mililani
    Well he asked if it was in stock anywhere, and I have him an answer.

He really wants to buy it. No one had to say anything.

Not gonna argue when someone really wants something.

And a Chinese vest is not very compatible to a Tokyo Marui AEG.
    And we still sell a lot of Tokyo Marui AEG's and GBB in Hawaii. New, used, and custom ones.

Can't complain when a gun had proven the test of time. And still sells in today's market.

14. JakeBworth

JakeBworth New Member

Hoboville
    That wasn't directed at you. You did a very nice job of providing him the link. Buy you also missed the entire point of my post. Of course you can't compare a Crossdraw to a TM. It was there as an example. I could have substituted practically any other good in there.

15. Ehudakineyah

Ehudakineyah New Member

Mililani
    Don't worry. I understand and know what you mean.

If it was a POS item/gun. Or something really bad item. Then I would then otherwise and not to buy it.

I would not continue on trying to help him buy it

16. JakeBworth

JakeBworth New Member

Hoboville
    Its a good gun, but I would defiantly be wary of anything shooting under 300 FPS. With todays high FPS standards, you are at a disadvantage.
    I remember the days when buying an AEG with an FPS of 350 was considered high. THose were the days in which TM ruled. You could also play with less protection too. I miss the days when more emphasis was put on quality parts/assembly instead of brute FPS force. But that is a discussion for another day.

17. Knief

Ann Arbor
    I still use a stock TM regularly to great effect. My bbs are a bit slow to get to their target, but thanks to that wonderful TM hop up, they sail out there quite a ways. It's also my go-to CQB gun, which those I play against really appreciate because of the low FPS. You see a fault in TM, but that doesn't make those faults substantive for others. And as Ehudakineyah said, comparing a TM AEG to a TMC vest is an unfair comparison. If somebody came in here asking about where to find a double eagle AEG, yeah, I'd fully expect the experienced members to advise to the guy to buy something that's actually functional. A TM, however, is very much functional. They're high end AEGs with a great set of benefits that this guy apparently values. Just because you wouldn't buy the gun he wants doesn't mean that he's making an obviously bad decision.

A better analogy would be, if somebody came on here and asked where the best place to buy a FLYYE CIRAS was. I'm not a fan of the CIRAS. I think it's outdated, bulky, and slow. But the guy asking the question is asking about where to buy a viable product with a good track record. It has a different set of benefits from those that I value, but clearly the guy asking the question does value them. So I'm not going to tell him not to buy it just because I wouldn't, I'm going to point him toward ShooterCB and Ehobbyasia.

18. JakeBworth

JakeBworth New Member

Hoboville
    If you think there are flaws in the CIRAS vest then you should tell him.
    About 6 months ago I was dead set on an OD plate carrier. You gave me your opinion and I changed my mind because it was something I hadn't thought of yet. I own a Khaki PC now. It's the same scenario.

19. Knief

Ann Arbor
    The difference is, you asked for advice on a plate carrier, not where to find the one you want. I'm more than willing to advise people who are looking for advice. I don't need to throw my opinion at somebody just looking to find a shop that carries a good product. If Kurono asked us what we thought of the SR16, I'd have told him that getting a full stock M4 is pointless in the days of crane stocks and buffer tube lipos. But he didn't, so I didn't.

Also, I just checked WGC, they have it in stock:

http://www.wgcshop.com/wgc2008/main...6&search=special&rs=Marui AEGs&catid=6&cat=14

Shipping will probably be between $50 and $70, as is typical when ordering from Hong Kong.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2012
  20. JakeBworth

JakeBworth New Member

Hoboville
    Knief I value your contributions to the forum. You are one of the smarter members in terms of intelligence outside of airsoft. I understand your points but still believe my post was justifiable. I guess I shall agree to disagree.