Tokyo Marui tracer unit compatible with a KJW M700 gas rifle?

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by Blades, Oct 6, 2012.

1. Blades

Blades New Member

I'm not too familiar with how tracer units work, so I am just making sure this would work. It doesn't have anything to do with being activated by the noise or vibration of the gearbox, correct? Because if that was the case that wouldn't work since it is a gas sniper and therefore very quiet with minimal vibration. Just wondering if this setup would work/how tracer units actually work. I just bought an illuminated scope for it, so I thought I might as well put a tracer on it for night games. Thanks

2. Mel

Mel New Member

Marietta
    I believe that tracer units work by using a laser to detect incoming BBs and when the BB reaches the front of the unit, a light is flashed at the glow-in-the-dark BB which makes it temporarily glow.

3. TYSONtheSNIPER

TYSONtheSNIPER New Member

Edmonton
    The tracer should work on your KJW M700. The biggest issue I see though is how accurate it will be after. The reason is tracer bb's are usually really light, (the heaviest I could find is .25 gram) combined with your rifle that shoots at a higher velocity a .25 bb won't do you much good. Usually people use .30 and higher for high fps guns.

4. Blades

Blades New Member

Yeah I've thought about that. I'll be using Madbull .4's for daytime play, but the illuminated scope/tracer unit is mainly for show because it won't be very easy to get kills in the dark without nightvision. Also, .25's are significantly better than .20's in my opinion, and the fact that they actually make .25 tracer BB's is a blessing to start with. If you are familiar with the KJW M700, you will know that changing FPS is as simple as turning a small lever on top of the gun, so going from .4's to .25's won't be too bad... I hope.

I'm mainly buying a tracer unit for show because I'm also worried it will lose the path of the BB after about ~120ft and my M700 is effective out to about ~310ft.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2012
  5. TYSONtheSNIPER

Edmonton
    Well that sounds good then. I saw some elite force .25 tracer bb's. And elite force makes some good bb's. So if you look around you could grab a bottle of those, or whatever suits your fancy.

6. sandtiger

sandtiger New Member

You are correct in saying it doesn't have to do with sound or gearbox vibration or you would turn on your tracer everytime you walked!! A tracer works by illuminating an ultraviolet light inside when a sensor is tripped by the bb passing through it. I dont know of anyone trying to put a tracer on a gas gun because the released gas traveling down the barrel might cause something weird with the tracer unit.

7. TYSONtheSNIPER

Edmonton
  8. Maxuhmize

Maxuhmize New Member

OKC
    I saw that! Those look amazing but I'm wondering how much they'd cost though.

9. TYSONtheSNIPER

Edmonton
    Ya, but the built in chrono would be so useful. That alone has almost convinced me to pick one up.