Tokyo Mauri Hi Capa & Duster Gas

Discussion in 'Gas Powered Guns' started by gb65, Oct 24, 2012.

1. gb65

gb65 New Member

Anyone have a Tokyo Mauri Hi Capa and use duster gas in it? Does it work well for you?

How many rounds out of a can do you get?

Is Airsoft Innovations the only one with the Duster Can adapter? Saw a GG can extension but don't know if that would work as well.

Thanks

2. Scarred

Scarred New Member

I haven't used duster gas in my Hi-Capa but I can try it on Friday.

3. Knief

Knief Moderator Staff Member

Ann Arbor
    TM guns are designed to run on Duster. You'll get better gas efficiency out of it at normal operating temperatures, and you'll want to switch over to Propane when the temperature starts dropping below about 60 degrees Fahrenheit.

AI makes the only duster adaptor that I know of, but it's not your only choice for usable duster. Behold:

http://miairsoft.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=gas&action=display&thread=568

4. Sparky_D

Sparky_D Moderator Staff Member

Pierce County
    I make my own:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It's not too hard to do with the right size brass tubing and solder.

5. PeterLuger

PeterLuger New Member

Dude, I dont want to get off topic, but what gun is that masterpiece? Hahaha

6. Sparky_D

Sparky_D Moderator Staff Member

Pierce County
    Tanaka SAA (Pegasus gas system) with a metal body kit and real wood grips.
    One of my prized pieces...

7. gb65

gb65 New Member

Look forward to hearing how Duster gas works for you (or anyone else). If I can locate a TM Hi-Capa, I plan to use Duster gas only so it would be great to know how long a 10 oz lasts, how the slide operates and how accurate it is. You'd think it works pretty good since that's what they use in Japan with these.

8. Knief

Ann Arbor
    That's sort of like saying, "I'm looking forward to seeing how this Honda Accord runs on unleaded gasoline." The answer is "good." It's what it was designed to do.

9. gb65

gb65 New Member

That's what I'm hoping for. Don't plan on using it outside.

I don't see any youtube videos showing using Duster gas. The ones that mention what they're using say propane. Don't see anything that states how many shots they get out of a can of duster gas. I'm sure someone knows. It certainly won't be as cheap as Coleman propane but wonder if it's cheaper than using co2 carts. I see sales on Duster gas from time to time.

Thanks

10. Knief

Ann Arbor
    You get more shots on a fill of duster than you do on a fill of propane in the same gun, as long as the slide isn't too heavy to cycle well with duster. TM guns are designed to be used with duster, so the slide isn't too heavy. You will get more shots out a fill with duster than propane. On my WA 2011, I could get over 70 shots with duster and only about 35 with propane. It's not always a 2:1 ratio like that, but that's not uncommon either.

11. Rocky

Rocky New Member

Superior
    knief,say i were to buy a tm g17 and got a metal slide,would it be better to run it on propane?

12. Knief

Ann Arbor
    That would depend on what you consider "better." You get higher FPS, and thus better terminal range out of propane, a harder perceived kick, you can install a stiffer recoil spring without fear of damage so you can achieve a crisper and quicker slide cycle. You would give up gas efficiency and perhaps some durability if you don't upgrade things like the barrel and loading nozzle as well. Overall, I'd run most stock TMs on propane and say to hell with the worse gas efficiency. As long as you're getting a full mag off, it doesn't really matter. I'd never reload the bbs in a gas mag without refilling it with gas, too.