Training

Discussion in 'General Airsoft Discussion' started by fruyoops, Dec 18, 2012.

1. fruyoops

fruyoops New Member

Need some good training drills for my team. We play mostly all field airsoft, and would like the drills to corellate as much as possible to field airsofting and what will help to make our team better.

2. Navy100

Navy100 New Member

Ridgewood
    Make shooting holes with twigs they would have to shoot through. Ex) lines of twigs they have to shoot from multiple positions from.

3. FASTTtitties

FASTTtitties New Member

Try to practice moving to different cover quickly and quietly and have someone on the opposite side trying to spy. And maybe Mae a game out of it, you and a few other people have to get to the other side without being caught by the other team. This would be both helpful for the field, and will definitely improve your game. Also, you would just need a MILD conditioning. By this I mean you should be able to run to different cover fast so you don't get shot. And as for other tactics, don't be rolling in the ground because that doesn't work. Hahahaha. So basically just try what I said above for so e practice and it should help from my experience.

4. ReconOpsFireteam

ReconOpsFireteam New Member

Mohave Valley
    I made my team run an obstacle course. Then we just jogged around the block.

5. THE_ELIMANATOR

THE_ELIMANATOR New Member

Hebron
    When we are traing we go up in the woods an we have a spotter and the tagger, the point of the exercise is you see who can crawl the closest to the spotter with out being spotted.

ROLES:
    Spotter has radio and he tells the tagger where to go.

Tagger walks were ever the spotter says but he can only tag someone if the spotter directs him within 2 square feet.

6. McGee

McGee New Member

San Francisco
  7. fruyoops

fruyoops New Member

Alright, I like your idea eliminator. So we should practice more stealthy tactics? A few of our maps we play on are open fields with obstacles in between. Can't use much of those stealthy tactics when playing on those maps. Any drills for those types of maps?

8. rblevinski

rblevinski New Member Supporting Member

Philadelphia
    They do that in military sniper school. It was in Seal Team Six by Howard Wasdin.

9. Codex432

Codex432 New Member

A good exersize is give the team a 1 mid cap macg or so and run a small battle to teach ammo conservation

10. fruyoops

fruyoops New Member

Thats a great idea! Should we do this in a more wooded area or urban, like around a house

11. ncore

ncore New Member

Pittsburgh
    Practice sprinting while wearing your full loadouts. Set up targets and practice shooting while running. You can even use a person as the target that way they can just tell you if you hit it or not. Get radios and practice team orders.

the possibilities are endless

12. Havok17

Havok17 New Member

Chicago
    They aren't maps... lol

Also, like ncore said, practice shooting and running, they are pretty important skills...

13. BlackJack

BlackJack New Member

Gettysburg
    Using mid caps is a really good way to train in any situation. It helps your team to conserve ammo, and to make their shots count.

Another thing that you could practice is basic field movement strategies. My friend formed a team recently and run-through basic tactics like flanking maneuvers, fire and movement, reconnaissance, false retreats, etc…

Don’t forget to have them do some cardio. Everyone over looks cardio. :)

14. CoppertopNeasg

CoppertopNeasg New Member

Boston
    Live fire training should come last. First I would practice moving in a squad. Then, once you have perfected moving as a squad in various formations such as the fire team wedge and maintaining rear security you can move onto live fire training by engaging inanimate targets as a squad. After that, you can run various scenarios such as end to ends and attacks and defends with teammates. Just remember that during training winning is not important and that is vital that everyone is calling their hits and following orders. Do a little research into the walk-crawl-run philosophy. Also, you will be how much training on semi-auto only will improve the efficiency with which your team eliminates enemies.

15. fruyoops

fruyoops New Member

Well 2 out of 6 guys on our team are snipers so what should we do with them

16. McGee

McGee New Member

San Francisco
    Seriously, if two of your guys are snipers, you have two too many.

But, if you're committed to keeping a team of 6 with two snipers, you pretty much just need to train in radio communication. Snipers should get very good at telling the 4 guys who can actually take enemy positions where the enemy is, when they are re-loading or otherwise pre-occupied, etc.

Have the snipers describe specific spots (anywhere, including a shopping mall but a city park is better since the vocabulary will be similar to a field) and the other team members have to get to them.

17. Dead Eye

Dead Eye New Member

Ocala
    you don't need training! that's just not the way to go..... any team that would train will not make it as a team. I mean it is a hobby and why make them train? dont you think they can play fine enough to not have to train?

18. BlackJack

BlackJack New Member

Gettysburg
    I find this strange coming from you, Dead Eye. Has Knief rubbed off on you? j/k I think training is a good idea if you impliment it in the proper way... make it FUN.

19. M4Ever

M4Ever New Member

San Antonio
    The best balance between training and fun is designing game types/missions and enforcing rules that work specific people/jobs/techniques. For example, if you want to have your guys practicing ammo conservation, make the rules require semi only. If you need to work on squad moving and tactics, set up a squad v squad game where you must stay within 15yds of your entire team. Snipers need to work on communicating with the team? ...

You get the idea. Set up the games so that you work on _________, but everyone loves it because it is variety and you still get to play while you train. Sure you use ammo etc., but that's what Airsoft is about, GETTING OUT AND PLAYING.

20. fruyoops

fruyoops New Member

We've been trying to get one of our snipers to switch to an aeg, but he refuses. He's not a very good sniper either.