TRIGGER ELECTRONICS | BURST-FET MOSFET UNITS

Discussion in 'Parts and Accessories Classifieds' started by nathan327, Jul 20, 2020.

1. nathan327

nathan327 Well-Known Member

Columbus
    Hello everyone!

Over the past few months I have dedicated a large portion of time to designing and refining these MOSFET units, and am excited to finally share them with you guys. While this post is in the Classified section, I would encourage comments/suggestions either in this thread or in a private message.

This thread will contain a brief overview of each product, more information can be found on my website: triggerelectronics.com

All prices include shipping, all products feature only high quality parts and are all rated up to 14.8V batteries. These are posted on eBay but can also be bought through PM's.

Products:
    -BURST-FET
    -ACTIVE BRAKE
    -TRIGGER-FET BASIC MOSFET

BURST-FET | $32
    https://triggerelectronics.com/burstfet.html
    This is the multi-feature, easy to use fire control unit (With full MOSFET protection). It features ON/OFF selection for active braking as well as an adjustable burst mode that releases a timed burst fire. The timer can be set from 0.010 seconds up to 2 seconds. When burst mode is on, semi becomes burst and full auto becomes burst when tapped and auto when the trigger is held. Active braking can be paired with the burst mode to ensure that the exact same number of shots are being fired at each time. All necessary wiring is included.

A quick demonstration video can be found here:

bfet1.jpg
    bfetPackage1.jpg

I currently have them posted on eBay, but can also am willing to sell through PM's.

ACTIVE-BRAKE FET | $23
    https://triggerelectronics.com/activebrake.html
    For those of you who like active braking, or sometimes like active braking, this may be the unit for you. It features full MOSFET trigger contact protection as well as an ON/OFF switch for active braking.

Active braking does increase the wear on your motor brushes, but also can improve the lifespan of other gearbox components if you have problems with overspin. Active braking uses the energy generated from the motor to stop the motor in its place, ensuring exactly one gearbox cycle (on semi), meaning your gears are stopped in the right place: not stopped trying to hold the spring back halfway (or all the way and double shooting on semi if you have a lot of overspin).

Includes all necessary wiring and motor connectors.

A demonstration of active braking can be seen at 1:07 of the BURST-FET video.

abfetCoin1.jpg
    abfet1.jpg

Link to purchase on eBay can be found here.

TRIGGER-FET BASIC MOSFET | $16
    https://triggerelectronics.com/trigger-fet.html
    Finally we have the basic MOSFET. Simply put, it keeps high powered batteries from destroying your trigger contacts. The TRIGGER-FET is protected with a 5kW TVS diode and uses a high-quality MOSFET chip from Nexperia. This thing is SMALL (15x11mm)! Includes motor connectors and all necessary wiring for both 3 -wire and 4- wire installations (installation guide included and on the website).

tfetCoin1.jpg
    tfet1.jpg

Link to purchase on eBay can be found here.

Thanks for looking through here! Again, please let me know if you have any questions, comments, or concerns!

-Nathan

2. slayerk12

slayerk12 Member

St. Louis
    Looks like a solid product for a fair price, might pick one up in the future. I have one suggestion for you, maybe consider also selling mosfets pre wired to a trigger unit so that it’s a simple drop in installation, I could see that being appealing to a lot of less experienced techs. Also wouldn’t cost much more for you to make!

nathan327 likes this.

3. nathan327

Columbus

Thanks for the comment! V2 and V3 Drop-in units should be available within the next week, I have received a few requests for them already.

Also make sure to check out my instagram: @triggerelectronics

4. Lefse

Lefse Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Maybe consider selling a version of one or more mosfets with an inline self-resetting fuse for added protection? You could possibly sell standalone self resetting fuse units in various current ratings?

nathan327 likes this.
  5. nathan327

Columbus

With the drop-in FETs I will be adding a 30 amp fuse in-line. Upon release of the drop-in FETs, I will also be adding a deans to deans extension with a 30 amp fuse installed that can be added to existing guns.

I have messed with self-resetting fuses in the past, hard to come by any decent priced polyfuses that can reliably handle an AEG’s current draw.

A fuse with deans extension can allow those who don’t want to normally run a fuse for silly reasons to still have one that can be plugged in for things like testing new builds, etc. when they may want the extra insurance in case the build fails.

Something like such:

IMG_3404.jpg

Since most my products require soldering/wiring by the customer, I do not want to add a fuse in a location that might be inconvenient. However, it is probably a good idea to throw in a fuse and some connectors with the package, in the case that they want to add it!

link0 and aotsukisho like this.
  6. Lefse

Lefse Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I use three 10A polyfuses in parallell bought from Digikey myself. They cost less than 1 USD, so they aren't expensive. They work well in even highly upgraded AEG's.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2020
  7. nathan327

Columbus
    Custom V2/V3 BURST-FET Drop-In units now available, eBay link here!

Includes custom wire lengths, gold-plated motor connectors, SHS trigger contacts, Deans Style male connectors, 30 amp fuse.