Trigger Response

Discussion in 'Electric Guns' started by jfelice7, Oct 7, 2012.

1. jfelice7

jfelice7 New Member

I have a VFC MK18 and I would like to increase the trigger response. If you could list the name of the item that would help the trigger response, please help.

2. Njnewland

Njnewland New Member Lifetime Supporter

Cherryville
    Lonex A2, FET, deans, 11.1v Lipo, 13:1 GS, Swiss cheese the piston, shim, lube, etc...

3. 703

703 Active Member

webster
    It's not just one item it's a combination of multiple upgrades.
    If you don't already use one switch to a lipo battery. You will notice a jump in Trigger responce right away.

4. LegacyAirsoft

LegacyAirsoft You can say I tech a little...

Massachusetts
    Any basic upgrades (shim gears, grease gears and piston, correct the AOE, swiss cheese piston, etc.), plus deans connectors, high speed gears (SHS 13:1 or 16:1 ratio), a MOSFET, Lonex A2 motor (it's their speed build motor), possibly some 14awg wires, 11.1v (c-rating and mah can vary but I would recommend not below 15c and at least 1600 mah) and then adjust your motor height and u should be good to go

5. jfelice7

jfelice7 New Member

What's FET???????????

6. Rocky

Rocky New Member

Superior
    A "fet" Is a short for mosfet.Dont get a active breaking though!

7. jfelice7

jfelice7 New Member

What's the difference between active breaking and not active breaking?

8. Rocky

Rocky New Member

Superior
    Active breaking stops you motor immediatly once youmlet of the trigger adds stress on you gearbox. Dont get active breaking

9. Bulldawg26

Bulldawg26 Active Member

Atlanta
    Don't you mean more stress on the motor? :)

10. Rocky

Rocky New Member

Superior
    No,It adds a lot of stess on the gearbox aswell.

11. Njnewland

Njnewland New Member Lifetime Supporter

Cherryville
    No, it does not. Who told you that?

12. Star_folder

Star_folder New Member

Lexington
    The A2 is their Torque motor, and has always been the torque motor. The A1 and the A3 are the quicker of the 3 motors. The A1 is the fastest of the 3 according to the stats. However, it's likely you wouldn't notice the difference in speeds.

Trigger response can be upgraded in a few different ways. The easiest way is a higher powered battery, a 9.6v if you aren't already using it, or a 7.4v lipo would be a great upgrade for you.

Next would be a new motor, somemthing with lots of torque, like the Lonex A2 that was mentioned before.

Then would be the gears, but they don't do so much for trigger response as they would the rof. Simply completing the shot quicker than the stock gears would do.

13. LegacyAirsoft

LegacyAirsoft You can say I tech a little...

Massachusetts
    Thanks for pointing that out, sorry for the typo.

14. AirsoftimusPrime

AirsoftimusPrime New Member

Satellite Beach
    Active braking is perfectly fine. I use them in stealth builds. They aren't Satans' MOSFETs, they don't instakill your motor.

15. Bulldawg26

Bulldawg26 Active Member

Atlanta
    +1. I've been running an 11.1v lipo "through" a MOSFET with active braking for several months. No problems so far and my trigger contacts look good.

16. AirsoftimusPrime

AirsoftimusPrime New Member

Satellite Beach
    What build do you have otherwise? AB is useless unless you're going for stealth, so I'd assume you have foam packing/helicals/etc?