Trishot mag help

Discussion in 'General Accessory Discussion' started by Hartman96, Jul 25, 2012.

1. Hartman96

Hartman96 Active Member

Woodville
    I just recently purchased a trishot shotgun (llllooooovvvveeeee it) but the 30 round mags I bout are constantly jamming. Should I treat these like you would a midcap (rifle mag) or is there something wrong with them?

2. BoogerMc

BoogerMc Airsoft Jedi Master Supporting Member

Akron
    Could you provide a link to the exact gun you purchased. I do not recal, though I could be wrong, a tri-shot that uses a magazine, most of them use a shell.

3. Hartman96

Hartman96 Active Member

Woodville
    It is a shell. I just called it a mag....... because I dont know why, it is a DE tri shot, the shells I have no clue of the brand.

4. BoogerMc

Akron
    Ok, define jamming? Do you mean the bbs get stuck even though there are many bbs left in the shell or do you mean they get stuck entering the gun?

If the former issue, I would suggest it is a matter of something inside the shell preventing the bbs from fully moving along the feed tube.

If the latter issue, check that your shells actually line up properly. A DE, Double Eagle, is not a great manufacture of guns to begin with; however, if the shells are cheap as well, you may just have a bad situation due to poor quality period.

However, it may just be a matter of things not quite lining up. One of our players has a tri-shot and he has had issues like yours with certain shells. When they jam, take the shell out, paying attention to the orientation, rotate the shell and replace it. If the issue persists, try rotating it again. If a certain orientation works, then mark the shell with a permanent marker so you know how to orientate it when you insert the shell. For example, mark the shell with a black line that must be facing down or toward you when you insert the shell. This way you put that shell in the same way everytime.

Hope this is helpful.

5. Hartman96

Hartman96 Active Member

Woodville
    The bbs were jamming inside the shell. I sprayed some oil down in the shells and they feed perfectly now, but now the spread sucks lol. :D Could it be the oil that is causeing this? The spread was 3-5 ft at about 50 ft now its 5-6 inches at 50 ft.

6. BoogerMc

Akron
    What kind of oil did you use and how much of it?

7. Hartman96

Hartman96 Active Member

Woodville
    It is "Crossman Nitro silicone oil" I aplied it very liberaly lol I used a good bit.

8. BoogerMc

Akron
    You probably used too much and it is causing build up in the shell, on the bbs, and in your barrel. Did your gun come with a de-jamming and cleaning rod?

if so, use it to clean your barrel, there should be instructions with the gun on how to do this. Use rubbing alcohol, not more silicone oil. As for the shell, set it up so the excess oil can drain out, I would also empty the shell and allow it time to dry out. Then reload it, and try again. You should see an improvement.

9. Hartman96

Hartman96 Active Member

Woodville
    Will do boss :) thanks for the help. I feel in the near future Im going to buy some higher quality shells.

10. BoogerMc

Akron
    It could just be they needed something to make them run smoother. If the problem returns, take the shell apart and look for anything that could be catching the bbs. Most of these things are made of molded plastic and if you have ever put together a plastic car model, you are likely familiar with "flash," which is little pieces of plastic left over from the molding process. Sometimes this stuff gets missed and it will cause problems with the feeding of the bbs.

If that is the issue, just scrape such material away and reassemble the shell.