Airsoft Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Short story.
Threw tru hop in my JG AUG.
Horrible results.
Bad groupings, even at 120ft. Amount of hop applied is inconsistent, also getting floaters left and right. Had better groupings with maple leaf and even better with flat hopped G&G green.
Im using the maple leaf concave nub, not the plastic tru hop nub. Shouldnt matter much though.
What gives?

---> *And yes, I teflon taped it.* <---

· Administrator
12,536 Posts
Most complex items in Airsoft is not drop in simple...you should know that. Begin tweeking...

· Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
More info:
This is on a 6.03 prommy barrel.
Chronoing at 323fps with 30s with about 3 fps variation in either direction.
The "patch" fits tightly into the window.
ML nub is not glued in place.
Using stock AUG hop up.

· Administrator
12,536 Posts
Did you expand the prommy window?

· Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Most complex items in Airsoft is not drop in simple...you should know that. Begin tweeking...
I know that, but honesty, theres not much i can find to tweak. Everything looks good. Air seal is good. Turning the hopup up while looking down the barrel looks good. I can try the other nub i guess but i didnt want to sand the arm.

· Administrator
12,536 Posts
Sometimes the extra 5% improvement is just not worth it...

· Administrator
12,536 Posts
Monkey less, play more.

· Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Monkey less, play more.
NOES!
Wheres the fun in that? I think to be fair, most of us on this forum enjoy the tinkering and teeth grinding problem solving more than the actual playing. LOL :D

Like, I NEEEED to squeeze every last drop of performance out of this gun! :p

· Registered
794 Posts
Monkey less, play more.
Where's the fun in that?
NOES!
Wheres the fun in that? I think to be fair, most of us on this forum enjoy the tinkering and teeth grinding problem solving more than the actual playing. LOL :D

Like, I NEEEED to squeeze every last drop of performance out of this gun! :p
Just. Shut. Up.

· Administrator
12,536 Posts
Fun in playing? Are you serious?

· Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
My enjoyment comes from times when the plebs around me are astounded and jealous of the way my cheap gun shoots compared to their visually customized plinkers.
For example, we had a sniper contest last week. Small balloons at 150ft. I popped mine on the first shot and then waited for the others to hit theirs on like the 5th shot. Then i proceeded to shoot the tiny popped balloons without missing. :eek:
Great reactions received.
One guy refused to be on the opposite team as me when he saw it.
Also, the other guys were running WAYYY hot considering this particular field doesnt chrono. One guy told me he was using a m170 spring. Im over here using a m130.:cool:

· Registered
1,187 Posts
My enjoyment comes from times when the plebs around me are astounded and jealous of the way my cheap gun shoots compared to their visually customized plinkers.
For example, we had a sniper contest last week. Small balloons at 150ft. I popped mine on the first shot and then waited for the others to hit theirs on like the 5th shot. Then i proceeded to shoot the tiny popped balloons without missing. :eek:
Great reactions received.
One guy refused to be on the opposite team as me when he saw it.
Also, the other guys were running WAYYY hot considering this particular field doesnt chrono. One guy told me he was using a m170 spring. Im over here using a m130.:cool:
An m170 in like a full stroke aeg?

· Administrator
12,536 Posts
Maybe a 170%.

The lack of details would not surprise me.

· Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
An m170 in like a full stroke aeg?
No. Sniper rifle spring. idk, its just what he said. He didnt seem too knowledgeable.
I had us shoot on the count of 3 and he was hitting a wall 300 ft away wayyy before i was. And with no drop whatsoever while mine had to be overhopped a good amount.
My guess without chronoing is that he was shooting above 600 fps and on a close range field.

· Administrator
12,536 Posts
That's a bit of detail that you left out.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.