Turn a JG SR-25 into a full-auto SAW?

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by TheNuttyProfessor, Jan 7, 2013.

1. TheNuttyProfessor

TheNuttyProfessor New Member

SAVANNAH
    As the title states this is my next project. Yes I know exactly what the AR-10 was designed for but I also know the military is always converting platforms. This is a .308 and that makes an awesome support weapon. Thought I'd give it a go and see what falls out. I just have the very and I mean very basics of a plan. An electric autowind dual drum magazine, ACog optic, and a MadBull Tracer LED unit hop-up. I think I want a high ROF and accuracy for the most part is not a priority.

2. Ehudakineyah

Ehudakineyah New Member

Mililani
    Sounds like you getting a SR-25 with a drum mag lol :/ not a squad automatic weapon.

Just upgrade a SR-25, buy a drum mag, and everything else after that is up to you :) lol

3. TheNuttyProfessor

TheNuttyProfessor New Member

SAVANNAH
    No I want to take it further. Just asking opinions. My idea is basic as I stated. If I can't get more out of it I'll just do something else. I already have a A&K SR-25 DMR. So I looking to do something else with the JG.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 7, 2013
  4. Ehudakineyah

Ehudakineyah New Member

Mililani
    So a "Shrike" conversion for a SR-25? Lol :)

5. Archer627

Archer627 Active Member

Figgington
    WOOOOOOO! I love shrikes. Lul. Let me know how it turns out.

6. Dennis

Dennis New Member

Try also slapping on a really nice motor some can make it shoot faster then standard saws

7. Ehudakineyah

Ehudakineyah New Member

Mililani
    It's still not coming out nice :/ school is starting up, so hopefully I can get this done lol

8. EDI1st

EDI1st New Member

Fountain Valley
    Still thinking if I should get the kit.

Get some C-mags

9. Ehudakineyah

Ehudakineyah New Member

Mililani
    Grab one of you can find one lol xD

Hopefully I can get the Shrike stuff done, then I can work on the SR-47 stuff lol