Turning a g&g cm16 into a better cqb gun

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by NOMAD666, Sep 1, 2012.

1. NOMAD666

NOMAD666 New Member

bikini bottom
    I am going to upgrade my g&g cm16 (short) to fit my cqb needs better. I am going to saw the front sight off since its not removable, buy, flip up sights, and get a new moter. Got any other ideas for this? I was also thinking of re wiring it to the front and using a fake peq box to store the battery but i dont know. I think my buffer tube is dust.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2012
  2. marine121496

marine121496 Wahahaha~ Supporting Member

Ann Arbor
    I'm sorry I have to ask how does any of this make it better for cqb? Maybe you will get a rof boast with that motor but the other stuff just sounds like you want to mess with your gun.

3. NOMAD666

NOMAD666 New Member

bikini bottom
    well this will all help for me. I dont really use my sights since im only engaging in about a 2o feet distance so flip up sights would help me in case i cant get that close. Re wiring the battery to the front would make my battery more easy to acsess and will have less woble in the stock and buffer tube.

4. marine121496

marine121496 Wahahaha~ Supporting Member

Ann Arbor
    Well that would be true but only if you replace the stock and buffertube, also shimming the buffertube with tape would be a good idea then, and however I don't think this flip up sight idea of yours is practical for what you're describing. Not to say you shouldn't do it if you would like the look better by all means go ahead. But for what you're describing I don't see how it would be more useful than the regular sights.

If you want cqb get a shorter barrel.

5. CoppertopNeasg

CoppertopNeasg New Member

Boston
    Are you looking to modify your internals as well?

6. Devgru98

Devgru98 New Member Supporting Member

Polo
    I would not saw off the front sight, if you want flip up sights buy a different front end.

7. TysonY2

TysonY2 New Member

Emmett
    Your sights will do you fine, why cut it off if your going to basically see the same result from our basic sights. You'd be much better off with a red dot and a raiser, which is a lot less permanent and would look 1000% better. If your doing cqb then your battery should be fine since your not doing extended games or anything (upwards of 3 hours). So rewiring and a peqbox would, in my opinion, be pointless. Get familiar with changing batteries, and get a couple lipos. A new motor would help a little, along with a 13-1 gearset.
    If you honestly hate your front sight that bad, which I know a lot do, you can always buy a new front end kit. It's more expensive than sawing it off, but it looks so much better. As ugly and annoying as that front post is, its probably going to be just as effective as new flip up sights. it's not as tacti-cool, but you could always just buy a new flip up rear sight. But, Redots in cqb can be much more effective, and if used properly, can quicken your aim.
    BUT. Your going to get a lot more effectiveness out of getting some internals than externals. Your right with the motor, but some 13-1 gears and a lipo would make it stunningly faster, and your trigger response will come along beautifully too, which I see being more important. Externals only get you so far...
    TL;DR
    Get some lipos, a new motor, a red dot with a rasier mount, and maybe a 13-1 gearset. Probably some mags too.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2012
  8. alex

alex New Member

Atlanta
    [​IMG]

top: 310fps 50rps
    bottom: 390fps 20rps

Last edited: Sep 2, 2012