Typhon SOCOM doesn't shoot straight

Discussion in 'Gas Powered Guns' started by czechtek, Sep 7, 2012.

1. czechtek

czechtek New Member

I like the gun but it doesn't shoot straight. I have tried BBs from light to heavy and it never shoots in the same place twice. I even had it in a gun vise to see if it was me moving. It shoots about as accurate as a $25 spring gun. What am I doing wrong? It's a cool gun, a bit tedious to get the bbs stacked up correctly in the magazine. If I could get it to shoot straight I'd like it a whole lot more.
    :confused: Comments? Suggestions? I could use some straight advice (I couldn't resist)
    Thanks in advance.

2. marine121496

marine121496 Wahahaha~ Supporting Member

Ann Arbor
    Well co2 guns aren't the most consistent pistols from what I understand, my co2 certainly is not.

3. czechtek

czechtek New Member

So what I got is what I got?

4. Shiftyshooter

Shiftyshooter Learn from your mistakes. Lifetime Supporter

Prague
    Hey man, can you post a link to the gun you mentioned?

And by the way, how did you come up with that screen name? It looks rather familiar to me :)

5. czechtek

czechtek New Member

http://www.aftermathairsoft.com/Airsoft/CO2-Airsoft-Pistols/5
    Ancestors immigrated from Czechoslovakia to Texas, both sides of my family. Cladno Pivo! I'm not sure about the spelling, Cesky is a tough language to pick up. I can speak very little, I can say that in Czech but don't know how to write it. My granma taught me some and I picked some from the church picnics where the Polka Band, The Vrazels always played. The band is retired now but they all live in the area my family is from.
    I was an electronics technician, industrial automation, PLCs, servo drives, etc. Worked with a lot of German equipment, Italian and designed and built equipment too. I have used Czechtek since the early 80's when AOL began. Some one in the Czechrepublic has also used the name and I think we have overlapped on some usage. My stuff got reset and the hints to retrieve passwords change into czech. sometimes I can get my stuff changed back and other times I cannot. I have a squirrel that thinks my house is his house, this is where the airsoft gun comes in. It won't kill him, it hasn't yet anyway and I get target practice. It is an antagonistic relationship. The squirrel must like to play, he keeps coming back.

6. Shiftyshooter

Shiftyshooter Learn from your mistakes. Lifetime Supporter

Prague
    Well that means that I am not the only Czech (at least not the only one with Czech roots) here! Yaaay!

Now, for the gun: Did you try to clean the barrel? If the gun has a hop-up, take it apart and see if it is not damaged. Usually, you should see two little prongs coming out of the of the top of back side of the barrel. If you see them sticking out a lot or do not see them at all, that might be a problem too.