Typical Problem of a teen Airsofter

Discussion in 'General Airsoft Discussion' started by SkyWaffle, Sep 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SkyWaffle

SkyWaffle Top Gear Enthusiast Supporting Member

Jersey Shore
    Well here is the greatest problem of all time. Money. I know Christmas is coming so that handles my gun, but I still need to buy a sidearm, vest, and bdu. I know where I'm getting everything from and I need around $100 to $150. I need a way to get that money. If it helps its fall in New Jersey. Thanks for your time.

2. Scarred

Scarred New Member

Do your parents pay you to do chores?

3. SkyWaffle

Jersey Shore
    Yes, I get paid once a week, $10 for doing the dishes and taking out the recyclables. Unfortunately, the don't understand airsoft, so I won't get a raise.

4. Scarred

Scarred New Member

Is it possible that you can get your parents to pay you for doing other things?

5. SkyWaffle

Jersey Shore
    I now the lawn occasionally but I don't get paid. Also my mom wants to save jobs for my sister.

6. TheDraconicTyr

TheDraconicTyr New Member

You could try to get paid to mow others lawn and if your old enough go for a job at like mcdonalds or something like that it helped me alot.

7. IHOP

IHOP New Member

Rockton
    Get a job.
    Sell your stuff.
    Become a classifieds whore.
    Play an instrument on a major walkway into a sporting arena.
    Search for valuables on the beach with metal detector.

8. SkyWaffle

Jersey Shore
    Cracked up when I saw this.

9. TheDraconicTyr

TheDraconicTyr New Member

Best ever. Advice from a true multiple career master

10. bob19922

bob19922 New Member

Old bridge
    I'm from new jersey as well and just like I need to save more money. If your lucky you could work for your parents for example my dads a handyman and I work with him sometimes. Also you can do other work like my friends dad payed me to pull weeds in their front yard. She wanted to tell her dad to pay $50 but I couldn't let her do that so I just got the $20 her dad told me he would pay me in the first place. Also I might help them stain there deck and he might hire me to mow there lawn in the spring and summer. Just some of the many ways to make money also another great way is shoveling snow and raking leaves.

11. paratrooper

paratrooper New Member

i wish it was as easy as finding gear for one loadout i have 3-6 uniforms which im trying to get completed

im always shopping

12. paratrooper

paratrooper New Member

mowing yards is the only real way to get money for big purchases

otherwise its good behavior/grades points from parents for $30 or less purchases

13. Fyzix

Fyzix Fyzzy Was Here. Supporting Member

Garland
    I just made $20 by picking sticks up outta my neighbor's yard. :p

Made $100 over the last two weeks by taking care of two ancient mutts.

14. airsoftaddict89

airsoftaddict89 New Member

Picayune.
    Mow grass man. I make 100+ a week for mowing and things like that. Put flyers out. I put them out in small sections of the neighborhood so I didn't get to much work at one time.

15. Maxuhmize

Maxuhmize New Member

OKC
    Last tone I checked its fall right??? RAKE LEAVES! Who wants leaves all over their yard? Who actually has the time to get out and rake them? Teenage humans!

16. Dead Eye

Dead Eye New Member

Ocala
    and when the snow hits...... Shovel driveways and sidewalks!

17. Maxuhmize

Maxuhmize New Member

OKC
    That's right! And when summer comes clean pools!

18. AirsoftimusPrime

AirsoftimusPrime New Member

Satellite Beach
    Being a teen airsofter who has sunk ~$5k into the sport and made only ~$2k from working on others guns, (just added up everything, it's depressing beyond belief), I can tell you that money is not a big deal for Airsoft. Anyone who can sink ~$300 into a primary will have it for nearly life, a JG M4 with tuning, deans, a MOSFET, and a systema bucking with R-Hop will perform like a champion and last forever. Bulk buy some .28s and get some solid gear. Starting right is the best idea.

However, if you're like me, you'll probably want a new model every month or so. If you're like me, you'll probably also build your rifles to last 150k rounds, sinking lots into them, then selling them after 2k rounds.

But seriously, get a job. Minimum wage earns you a strong, well groomed polar bear for mounting on while playing CQB.

19. Shadowex3

Shadowex3 New Member

Poor soon-to-be grad student chiming in: Don't buy new stuff. Look for people that are moving or have to thin out their collection for some reason, they're most likely to sell things that are perfectly good but they just can't keep. Plus you'll find the best gear there, and the gear's what will really get you in the long run. I've got a pile of actual military issue uniforms for about an eighth of what it would've cost to buy off of ebay.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.