TYSON'S Winter Projects

Discussion in 'General Airsoft Discussion' started by TYSONtheSNIPER, Nov 10, 2012.

1. TYSONtheSNIPER

TYSONtheSNIPER New Member

Edmonton
    So it's a white winter already up in my neck of the woods (darn Canadian weather) and while I'm not playing airsoft I've decided to finish/start some projects.

Each will have a seperate post (because it will be easier to organize everything that way) and I'll update that original post as it changes.

So as of now here's my current ongoing projects and projects I'll be starting:

-Finish my Classic Army M24 internal build.

-Finish my G&G Top Tech M4 external build.

-Finish my CYMA AKs-74u airseal issues. (This might just go into "the CYMA build")

-Work on my loadout (Grin made me fall in love with AOR1, so I might base it off of one of those NSW loadouts that are oh so popular right now).

Anyway these are what I have as of now, more might come up.

Once I get around to making each projects post, I would appreciate any help on what I should do/change and any other helpful information. Especially the loadout project (I'm no good when it comes to that stuff)

Edit: any advice or comments are great and appreciated, but to make it easier please quote the *project post* so I know what your talking about. Doesn't need to be everytime but it will make it easier the first time. Thanks.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2012
  2. TYSONtheSNIPER

Edmonton
    *Classic Army M24 internal build*

Parts finally came in. this is currently what's in my gun.

-Laylax high pressure piston
    -Laylax power accuracy cup
    -Laylax 150 spring
    -Firefly hopup bucking (hard)
    -Firefly buffer rubber (hard)
    -Prometheus 534mm 6.03 inner barrel

I will toss in an R-hop once I order more patches.

I also ordered a Classic Army tactical muzzle break to hide the extra inner barrel length.

Just got one of my orders in, so the laylax spring and muzzle break are here as well as all the other internal parts. check out these pictures.

Stock barrel on the left, new Prommy barrel on the right.
    [​IMG]

Laylax spring, piston and accuracy cup on the left,
    CA stock spring, piston and accuracy cup on the right.[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Any thoughts or opinions will be great.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2012

3. TYSONtheSNIPER

Edmonton
    *G&G Top Tech M4 external build*

So I ordered more parts today (Spent nearly $500 on this and my M24 today...crazy hobby). These are the parts I ordered.

-King Arms Troy style flip up sights
    -Mad Bull Noveske gas block
    -Magpul RVG in Dark Earth

This is how my rifle looked at the beginning of the build,

ForumRunner_20121110_220800.jpg

And this is how it currently looks.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And here's how it will look once everything's been added.

Screenshot_2012-11-09-22-10-55-1.jpg

Still have to pick up the proper MOD stock, but that's all that will be needed. For now that is, lol.

Any comments, advice or whatever is great.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2012
  4. TYSONtheSNIPER

Edmonton
    *TYSON's NSW Loadout*

This is where I will be needing the most help. My local field has a green vs. tan team system. So I've decided to run some type of AOR1 NSW loadout.

I plan to pick up some AOR1 BDU's in the near future, but don't know where to go from there.

I would like to replicate something but my knowledge on all the gear used is extremely limited. Money isn't much of an issue, I have decided I will be useing Flyye gear though. I'll list some guns I have that I think might work, but again I'm not sure.

*Classic Army M24
    *G&G M4
    *Tokyo Marui Glock 18c

**Current Shopping List**

So I will be going for an NSW loadout (ya I know... another one) so if anything is wrong, please set me in the right direction.

So let's start with the vest. I'm still debating over AOR1 or Coyote brown. Here's what I have so far.

Vest:

LT6094 vest
    http://www.shootercbgear.com/product_info.php?cPath=22_50_201_208_209&products_id=5833

Magazine pouches:

Triple M4
    http://www.shootercbgear.com/product_info.php?cPath=22_50_201_203_205&products_id=5840

Double pistol
    http://www.shootercbgear.com/product_info.php?cPath=22_50_201_203_205&products_id=5837

Dump pouch
    http://www.shootercbgear.com/product_info.php?cPath=22_50_201_203_205&products_id=5867

Other pouches:

Admin
    http://www.shootercbgear.com/product_info.php?cPath=22_50_201_203_204&products_id=5820

Radio
    http://www.shootercbgear.com/product_info.php?cPath=22_50_201_203_204&products_id=5919

Medical pouch
    http://www.shootercbgear.com/product_info.php?cPath=22_50_201_203_204&products_id=5815

Hydration backpack:

Crustacean pack
    http://www.shootercbgear.com/product_info.php?cPath=22_50_201_207&products_id=5865

Extras:

NSW patch
    http://www.shootercbgear.com/product_info.php?cPath=130_54&products_id=5885

So this kind of covers my upper portion (vest, vest pouches, hydration carrier) but I'm not 100% sure if everything I linked works for the impression I'm doing. Help would be appreciated, and again it will either be in AOR1 or CB. More will be added as I get to that portion of the kit.

Thanks for any help, its really appreciated.

5. Shadow_Nugz

Shadow_Nugz New Member

Sioux City
    Well, AOR1 is only used by NSW currently. So.... NSW impression? Join the club! Just troll through Grin, Devgru, Archer and my loadout threads.

If you want to do a total AOR1 loadout I would recommend either a
    6094 slick with a 1961 over top
    or
    6094(FLYYE makes one in AOR1)

6. TYSONtheSNIPER

Edmonton
    Awesome, well I'll go through all those threads and come up with some stuff. I'll put up some links sometime soon and hopefully everything works.

What about my guns? It's not really major to me, but would they work for a NSW impersonation?

7. Shadow_Nugz

Shadow_Nugz New Member

Sioux City
    M24: I dunno, I am no good for sniper rifles
    M4: http://www.airsoftsociety.com/forums/f10/sopmod-block-ii-63436/
    Glock: eh... its possible if you find a picture and go for it.

8. TYSONtheSNIPER

Edmonton
    Well my M4 may do the job. Maybe not perfectly, but it should work fine.

I'm going to add a what to be bought part in the original *project* post. Feel free to give opinions and feedback. Thanks for the help.

9. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    M24s are fine to use along with m40s. Your m4 most likely not, but it'll be fine I suppose. Glocks are most likely a no go. P226s and USPs are the direction to go.

10. TYSONtheSNIPER

Edmonton
    Well the M24 news is great. Don't know if I really need to buy more guns to make the loadout work... but you never know, lol. Thank you both Shadow_Nugz and Archer. I added the links to my original loadout post, so if something's wrong/needs to be added please let me know.

11. Shadow_Nugz

Shadow_Nugz New Member

Sioux City
    6094: Yes
    Mag pouches: Yes yes and yes
    Admin, radio and IFAK: Not sure, not sure, and yes(I'm not the expert on pouches)
    Instead of the crustacean pack, look at getting a MAP pack.

12. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    Or a FAP. They're improved versions of the MAP, come in AOR1/2, and USTS will modify it however you want.

13. TYSONtheSNIPER

Edmonton
    Could I get a MAP or FAP from Flyye? Or at least from shootercb in AOR1?

14. Finalencounter

Finalencounter Duke of Penguins Supporting Member

Warrenton
    Haha...hehe...ha...ha......he...hahe.......
    I'm done now...

15. TYSONtheSNIPER

Edmonton
    Someone had to do it...

Edit: Found a patch that I'll add to the list (link in original post)

Would the hydration carrier I linked work anyway? I couldn't find any FAP or MAP models on shootercb, so I figured the crustacean one would work, but a second opinion is still great.

16. Shadow_Nugz

Shadow_Nugz New Member

Sioux City
    I know it is TMC but they make a MAP in AOR1. I am not sure how well that will sit with the rest of your stuff though.

And I would say no on the patch. I see it in the view that I did not earn the right to be one of them so I should not directly associate myself with them. But I guess it would be okay if you didn't go around saying you were in NSW.

17. TYSONtheSNIPER

Edmonton
    Cool I'll check it out, as for the patch I totally see what your getting at, but I'm not the type of person to say I'm NSW. I'll think about it though, I might say no to the patch too, we'll see.

18. Shadow_Nugz

Shadow_Nugz New Member

Sioux City
    Alright. As far as I can tell, the TMC AOR1 is not as dark as FLYYE. Of course I am color blind, so feel free to ignore me.

19. TYSONtheSNIPER

Edmonton
    Well, I noticed it too. So I'll pick on of the two flyye ones on shootercb at some point. Now I recently ordered a pair of Revision desert locust goggles in tan, would that fly for a NSW guy...

20. TYSONtheSNIPER

Edmonton
    Anyone know what BDU's will match the flyye AOR1 the best? I was looking at TMC and Emerson on ShooterCBgear.