UK arms L96 upgrade options?

Discussion in 'Sniper Rifles' started by Andydabeast, Apr 29, 2021.

1. Andydabeast

Andydabeast New Member

Baltimore
    I don't know anything about upgrading a sniper and my searches for others upgrading this particular gun turn up nothing. How do I even know what parts are compatible? My mag is a non-standard size so I'm afraid internals aren't standard either.
    At minimum I assume I can easily replace the spring but would anything else need to be replaced to handle the bigger spring?
    Thanks.

2. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis
    It's a UK Arms.

They don't sell anything that has a readily simple upgrade path.

If you do find something to upgrade on it. The price of those parts (while way overpriced) is about 2/3 of the item you got, new in most cases.

Only thing you can upgrade, and it's free, skill.

3. Andydabeast

Andydabeast New Member

Baltimore
    Even the spring is proprietary? Springs are like $10.

4. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis
    You need to realize a few things, it's not that simplistic.

This isn't a video game gun where any new part is an upgrade over stock. You "need" to understand how your BAR is made.

If you have a sealed cylinder, you can't change the spring. Because if you break the seal to access the spring, you will destroy the retention system too.

But, if you have a removeable retention system and you can get the old spring out. UK Arms and many other distributors get maker to make their items with the MINIMUM level of durability. A new spring will require a stronger trigger sear or piston sooner than later.

If you wanted a platform that you can upgrade, you should have purchased a different platform.

And as you have realized, you have a non-standard BAR due to your magazines being smaller than the industry VSR-10 type magazines.

Thus if you can't use industry compatible parts, the odds of other items in your BAR being industry compatible is very slim.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2021
  5. Andydabeast

Andydabeast New Member

Baltimore
    Ok that's the kind of answer I was looking for. I got this gun for free just paid shipping so I'm not at a loss and didn't have much choice at the price point. Thanks for the info.