Ukara help!! :)

Discussion in 'Beginners Forum' started by lukeybell, Dec 2, 2012.

1. lukeybell

lukeybell New Member

Hello I am not exactly new to airsoft but I was wondering because I Am 16 and I am not il enough to buy airsoft guns and I have a G&G CQB-S and it's two tone my grandad bought me the gun and my uncle has recently got UKARA registered and is it legal to know have my gun black and if not how would I do so ??
    Thanks a lot
    Luke

2. bonnax

bonnax New Member

London
    According the section 36 of the VCRA, it is illegal to 'alter the appearance of a two-tone/2-tone weapon to make it appear like an RIF'. So legally, no. Being UKARA registered makes you exempt from some of the VCRA acts, such as selling RIFs, importing RIFs, and including painting twotone guns black. It's not actually illegal to buy an RIF, only to sell one.

If your uncle were to be the owner of the gun, you could then paint it black, and use it while with him at a skirmish, I believe. But you would not legally be allowed to have it in you house and claim that it's his gun...if you got busted, they wouldn't accept that as an explanation.

You could always call up your local police office and ask them about it.

I'm nearly eligible myself but, as I did, you're just going to have to wait till you're 18 to own your own RIF.

You'd be better off buying a new receiver/handguard/stock, or whatever is fluorescent coloured. It'll be a lot nicer than a paintjob if you're not entirely sure what you're doing.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2012

3. combatmachine

combatmachine New Member

Sorry mate your going to have to buy a new gun , i dont know why they did this but while they were thinking up the vcra act they made it clear that any gun that has been painted two tone must stay two tone as it is against theaw tp modify and if back to a rif even if you have a ukara , the only way around this would be to buy parts for your gun ti replace the painted ones.
    Post a picture of your gun so u could roughly tell you what you would need

4. bonnax

bonnax New Member

London
    Luckybell.....this is the 7th time you've made this thread.....

5. lukeybell

lukeybell New Member

Just happy my persistence payed off ahaha :).

and there is the pic , but what of I was to strip the paint off and say I bought the new parts . I know this wouldn't be completely legal but would anybody ask do you think ??
    Thanks
    Luke

Attached Files:

6. bonnax

bonnax New Member

London
    We can't advise you to do anything illegal, sorry. I'd just buy new parts. The crane stock isn't expensive to replace and well you might just have to drop some cash for a new rail system..

7. combatmachine

combatmachine New Member

Am i right in saying thats a gun from zeroone , if so there paint is s*it so you could lightly scratch it off (ONLY WHEN YOUR UKARA), also btw you dont need to be 18 to get ukara , you only beed to be 18 to buy the gun so technically if you get your site membership you should be able to have a black gun .

8. bonnax

bonnax New Member

London
    He speaks the truth.

Why don't you contact the site owners, or other people at the site? I'm sure there are people who are in, or have been in, the same situation as you.

9. lukeybell

lukeybell New Member

Yes you are right it was brought from zero one and there paint is s@it the silencer has nearly completely been striped of paint without even interveining , just checked on the UKARA website and unfortunately I do have to be 18 years of old which is extremely annoying but I suppose I will have to wait haha Thanks everyone for your help :)

10. lukeybell

lukeybell New Member

Will do thanks a lot is anyone from southern England here ?

11. combatmachine

combatmachine New Member

No mate im from the valleys of wales

12. bonnax

bonnax New Member

London
    Yes, I am. London/Winchester. Where are you based?

Combatmachine, are you near Cardiff by any chance?

13. SIXX6VI

SIXX6VI New Member

I'm from Essex if it helps anyone not really much airsoft around here though

14. bonnax

bonnax New Member

London
    Do you have a team/where do you play?

15. combatmachine

combatmachine New Member

No team , none of my friends are williging to pay the price for a decent gun , and i play at dragon valley or c3 tactical , what about you?.

16. bonnax

bonnax New Member

London
    As of now, X-site and First and Only, around London. I'm going to uni at the end of this year: Bristol is my 2nd choice and Cardiff my 5th choice, so there's a good chance I'd end up close to you, and close to the sites you play at. Both sites are within 45 minutes, so I'd definitely be down for some games. Looks like it's mostly field? What guns/gear do you have?

17. combatmachine

combatmachine New Member

Thats great :) and i have lots of gear because my dads mate was in the army and he gave me all his kit but with guns i dont have many mostly budget guns gut for xmas im getting a marui , dont know which one tho .

18. bonnax

bonnax New Member

London
    PM'd.

Sorry for taking this off topic..

19. lukeybell

lukeybell New Member

Interesting I'm based on Portsmouth

20. combatmachine

combatmachine New Member

And where do you play ?