Umarex dual powered MP5 gearbox not working

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by brokenarrow, Oct 6, 2012.

1. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Active Member

Meadville
    I'm working on a Umarex spring/electric MP5 and when I pull the trigger on electric the gun does nothing and the motor just spins. WHAT IS THE PROBLEM, I need help NOW!!

2. ShooterMcgavin

ShooterMcgavin New Member

New Port News
    Adjust motor height? Google this if you do not know how.

3. brokenarrow

Meadville
    I'm trying the motor height right now, there is no screw on the bottom of the motor grip for that though...

4. marine121496

marine121496 Wahahaha~ Supporting Member

Ann Arbor
    Yeah that's a LPEG, has a proprietary gearbox and everything. Probably not worth the trouble of fixing I would say toss it and save for better. I want to say the gear that contacts the motor may be stripped but I'm no expert on LPEGs.

5. brokenarrow

Meadville
    It's my friends gun and he could barely afford it so.....

6. Username94

Username94 New Member

New York City
    It sounds like the motor is stripped and its not turning anything. Since its an lpeg, and it take proprietary parts theres nothing he can do except throw it out and saveup.

7. TheAirsoftTech

TheAirsoftTech New Member

I'd have to agree, on a lot of LPEGs the pinion gear is metal and the other gears are plastic. Most deaths of LPEGs are caused by the pinion eating up the bevel. That's more that likely the problem.

8. Username94

Username94 New Member

New York City
    Yeah this could also be the problem. Either way, you can't fix it...

9. TheAirsoftTech

TheAirsoftTech New Member

Yup, either way, it's almost impossible.

The only LPEG I know that's fixable is the Crossman Ak, which uses v3 parts.