Umarex G36kv

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by xAirsoftPlayax, Oct 30, 2012.

1. xAirsoftPlayax

xAirsoftPlayax New Member

So recently i bought a g36kv and i must say it is an amazing gun. I like a lot of tuings about it but there are just some few things about it that bug me.

1) i have a long arm length so i usually have the stock at the max length. When the stock is at the shortest its completely fine. But when i get to the length i want there is a decent amount of stock wobble. Im guessing around a half inch more or less. I dont know if thats a lot or what but it really annoys me when i pull it up to aim and the gun move because of a wobbly stock. If there is a way to fix it plz tell me how.

2) the handguard is also a major pain. For the g36 they have the battery in then hand guard so you have to take the handguard off to get to the battery. Which is fine but then putting it back on is a pain. Sliding it back on is made even harder with the battery. Then half the time the bolt doesnt even slide through. The handguard bolt holes dont line up too much with the gun bolt holes. So i end up having to squeeze the gun and handguard for it to slide through. Even then its really difficult to do. If theres a way to fix it plz tell me how.

3) i have a vest that really goes nicely with my fatigues but the only problem is that the poufhes are meant to fit m4 mags. So when i try to put g36 mags in it os really dificult to take them out or put them in. I literally took 1-2 mintues trying to get a fresh mag. I really dont want to switch to m4 mags for a minor inconvinience. If theres a way to mod the vest so that its easier to use with g36 mags plz tell me if not if theres a vest for g36 mags plz tell me.

2. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    The last one is the only one I know how to fix. Sand the tabs off the mags (the tabs that allow you to clip mags together) and leave your mags in your pouches for a couple weeks to help stretch the elastic and nylon.

I have experience with KV stocks so I'll shy away from that. I've never had the battery/handguard problem.

3. Mikeinator

Mikeinator New Member

Northern VA (no more info, someone might find me...)
    I have the G36cv, and, even though all of my friends with G36's claim to be having that battery problem, I don't have it. What type of battery are you using? I use a nun-chuck type battery. If all else fails, just get a PEQ box and wire your battery to it, or, the umarex G36 is also made to be wired to the stock, it's actually pretty simple. Fold the stock and you'll see space to move the wiring to come out of the back of the gun, then in the front of the stock, there's a small hole to continue the wiring into the hollow stock. I hope this helps.

4. philsaudio

philsaudio New Member

Atlanta GA USA
    As far as the pouches go, get a pouch that fits the G36 mags and molly it to your vest, or get a molly vest with G36 pouches.

Battery fitment? A lot of the plastic in the outer barrel base can be removed with a pair of dykes or a dremel without affecting the gun much. This will free up some space for the connector and wiring and keep it out of the way.
    [​IMG]

5. xAirsoftPlayax

Im using a nunchuck 9.6g 1600 mah. The wires connecting to the battery are block by a metal piece. Getting the batteries in is pretty much smashing/cramming everything in.

ForumRunner_20121119_203010.jpg

6. philsaudio

philsaudio New Member

Atlanta GA USA
    To get the bolt to slide into the handguard and outter barrel base, when things are particularly tight, I slide it in one way, then turn the gun so the part of the bolt that is not in the gun is facing down, and push that part of the bolt up on a table or something else handy. This way I can use two hands to squeeze the handguard in place while pushing the bolt up. Works like a charm.

A 9.6vnnun chuck fits easiest. 11.1v nanotech Lipo 1600 or 7.4V 1800 fit too.

7. Uller

Uller Active Member

Topeka
    Just run the wiring to the KV stock like Philsaudio said.I own the Rifle length G36 by Umarex,and installed a G&P KV stock on mine because front wired guns suck IMO.Esspecially the G36 if left front wired.If yours has blowback,you will also have to notch the base of the recoil spring guide to allow the wiring to reach the stock.

8. xAirsoftPlayax

Ok so im getting a rail system and am getting a peq box. Would a 10.8v peq box make the gun shoot too fast as to ruin the blowback and gun?

9. Ehudakineyah

Ehudakineyah New Member

Mililani
    Wouldn't really ruin the blowback function itself lol.

It has a higher chance of ruining everything internally. Gears, piston, etc lol xD especially the Umarex stuff. Which are rebrands with trades.

Shimming, AOE correction w/ stock nylon teeth pistons, metal bushings, metal spring guide (later) would be some things to install if you want to run a 10.8v NiCd/NiMh battery.

If its the small 10.8v battery I'm thinking of, then it might last a little longer then I can project. But still has a pretty high risk of internal failure. Sorry.

Is stick with a 9.6v battery and lower for that stock gun in particular lol.

10. xAirsoftPlayax

K thanks im just going to get the 9.6v battery box

11. JakeBworth

JakeBworth New Member

Hoboville
    2) like Uller said, wire it to the back with a KV stock

3) get an m4 magwell adapter.

12. xAirsoftPlayax

I was looking at m4 mag well adapters because m4 mags are cheaper and easier to find. Where could i get a m4 mag well adapter?

13. Uller

Uller Active Member

Topeka
    I've opened mine up and it looks like this:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_JJ_2P5SAs[/ame]

I can vouch for the guy who made this video as I found and noted all the things he did.I havent done so,but im going to replace the PH in mine aswell.This gun is completely capable of running the 10.8v or even an 11.1v lipo,I run an 11.1v 1800mah 25c in mine.In semi or bursts you will be fine.You really dont want to make this one into a speedster,because Ares uses microswitches in there guns,and while I have zero experience with the speedster guns,I have read microswitches dont hold up too well for them.

This really isnt rocket science.Get a KV stock so you can run batteries with desent run times,and so you wont have to use bogus battery boxes or even more bogus batteries in your handguard.If you dont like the G36 mags get yourself a Battle Axe G36 magwell for M4 mags.Keep the gun stock,and go out there and shoot people.If you want to know what the bolt spring guide looks like after you notch it,PM me and ill send you a pic.Wiring to the back is simplistic to say the least.No soldering is necessary,simply reroute the wire harness to the back,and notch the spring guide for wiring clearance to the stock.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2012
  14. xAirsoftPlayax

What would be the strongest spring that my gun could handle?

15. Uller

Uller Active Member

Topeka
    IMO I wouldnt go any stiffer than an M130.Im pretty confident the motor could pull it,im absolutely sure it could with a 108v nimh or 11.1v lipo.Your weak link in that endeavor will be how well the shimming is and how far off the AOE is.Mine was pretty good,but for now im going to keep it stock until I get some of the other projects im working on done.

16. xAirsoftPlayax

Recently took apart the gearbox for upgrades and the trigger assembly came out and could not put back together. I cannont figure out where the spring goes for the trigger. No guides at all for it. The gun uses a micro switch. Please help.

17. xAirsoftPlayax

Does anyone know what is the length of the barrel and what is the diameter?

18. Uller

Uller Active Member

Topeka
    Look up the barrel length for a G36K.

19. xAirsoftPlayax

The stock spring guide is starting to go and i am looking for a replacement one. I bought a v3 spring guide but thanks to ares quick change spring system it doesnt work. Does anyone know where i can get a replacement spring guide?