Umarex H&K 416 Internal Upgrading

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by SpencerInAction, Nov 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SpencerInAction

SpencerInAction New Member

Hey guys I plan to upgrade the internals on my H&K 416 by Umarex. It shoots about 350 fps and I'm looking for 400-420 fps. I would also like a faster rate of fire and if possible, a more accurate barrel that is the same length as the current one. If these were upgraded would I have to upgrade anything else in the gun as well? How much money would this cost? And what is the best quality item that isn't going to break down very fast? I would appreciate your guys' input and if any other information is needed, let me know. Thank you very much. I am new to airsoft and need a little guidance. :D

2. Col1500

Col1500 New Member

Kent
    An M120 would get you to that FPS, if you want to stay under 400 for chrono reasons an M110 would work.

You can achieve a faster RoF multiple ways. You could use a higher powered battery, change gear sets to a lower ratio, or buy a faster motor. I'd recommend using a 7.4V LiPo and get a Lonex A1 with 16:1 gears, or 13:1 if you want to go a little on the crazy side. Replacing your gears would require you to reshim, there's a guide in the stickies. With a higher RoF, you'll also want to correct AoE with sorbothane and get a piston with a full metal rack or a Lonex pre swisscheesed piston from give mind airsoft. Lonex piston heads are also really good.

Barrel wise, Prometheus is the way to go. The CQB 416 has a 280mm barrel IIRC. You'll want a Systema, madbull, or Lonex bucking to go along with that, and maybe flat hop or even r hop if you feel that you can.

Hope this helped. Ask any questions you have.

3. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    Madbull buckings :/. Lonex buckings for the win, mate. Lol. Prometheus barrels are great ;). Flat hop and you're set.

Internally, I think you should just do a simple "durability build". Replace the stock gears, piston, piston head, nozzle, motor and wires.

-Lonex A1 motor (long type)
    -Lonex Red Piston
    -Lonex nozzle
    -Lonex bucking (hard)
    -Lonex or element pom piston head
    -Prometheus EG inner barrel
    -CORE or ZCI 16:1 or 13:1 gears
    -A lot of shims.
    -70D Sorbothane with a neoprene backer
    -16 AWG wire
    -XT Plugs (deans clones)
    -MOSFET to Reduce resistance
    -Stock spring guide is metal IIRC.
    -Guarder sp110 spring will put you right on 400 fps (similar to an m120).
    -Every mod you are capable of doing.

4. SpencerInAction

Thank you so much for your input. I am new to all this but plan to learn. I am trying to disect everything you said as I dont know what everything is. But this will help a lot. I live close to airsoft gi so I will probably have them do the upgrades.
    Lets say I didn't want to upgrade fps but maybe barrel for reason 1: I think I bent mine a little getting the flash hider off and bb's curve 2-3 ft left at around 100 ft. 2: The well improved accuracy especially needed with a CQB gun. How much money would it run me for barrel, and 16:1 ratio with all the parts needed, etc.
    Again, thank you! :)
    EDIT: I already have the 7.4v lipo :)

Last edited: Nov 19, 2012
  5. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    Don't let ASGI do the upgrades. Bad idea. I know of a few techs near you who could do it for cheaper than ASGI. They would also do a better job.

6. SpencerInAction

LET ME KNOW! Pm me please :) haha

7. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    Heh. I hope you saw my list earlier, by the way.

8. SpencerInAction

Yes I got that and most likely will be putting that all in my gun eventually. Going to do more research and ask of more opinions before I pull the trigger though. I like to do things right the first time. Heck, that is why I joined this forum!

9. SpencerInAction

I meant let me know of the local technicians that can help me out! :)

10. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    I'll let you know as soon as I can get in contact with them. I want to make sure they are okay with doing it for you.

11. MrMango17

MrMango17 New Member

Kent
    A Prometheus EG barrel will run you somewhere around $60

12. SpencerInAction

Ok thanks so much guys. I'm going to bed I'll be back in the AM. Goodnight.

13. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    It is AM right now ;). Well, here it is anyway. Lol. Lemme know if you have any further questions.

14. YoYo-Pete

YoYo-Pete New Member

Ypsilanti
    I longer barrel isnt going to do much for you... the longer the barrel with AEG, it can actually impact your range. Tight bore is a definite, but you probably dont want to add much length to it. The hopup and tight bore will give you the most immediate impact on your accuracy.

OEM outer barrel from umarex is like $40sih btw if that is bent. That flash hider was stupid difficult to remove (I have the same rifle).

The curve issue might be the hopup. The angle it puts the spin on the BB might not be ideal and after 100 feet, the spinning is probably coming into affect after the initial inertia drops.

15. SpencerInAction

Pete thanks so much I was hoping you would reply to this thread. The reason I actually got the flash hider off was because of YOU. I was going through a thread and you were telling someone how to take it off, but it seriously was extremely difficult. I am going to check the hop up, as that is probably what it is. When i turn the hop up to where it curves up, it starts to curve left at the same point it starts to curve upwards. That makes me think it is the hop up and not the barrel. I do not want to increase the length of my barrel, just a new one that is more accurate than stock.

I am thinking of all the mods I can do and I am leaning towards keeping the fps and ROF (it already shoots 20-25 rds per second). I want to do more of an accuracy upgrade now. Im thinking a tightbore barrel and flat hop will help that out, what else will help accuracy?

16. Star_folder

Star_folder New Member

Lexington
    Stabilizing your inner barrel will also help. Figuring out a way to do it yourself works, something like teflon tape or electrical tape around the barrel. Another option is buying an BLK from Clandestine.

17. YoYo-Pete

YoYo-Pete New Member

Ypsilanti
    Honestly, that's exactly where I am with mine. And I get a slight left curve as well. From what I can tell from asking and reading is to do the TBB and HopUp first as that will make a drastic difference. Get there first, then worry about what you can do next.

Hopup is kind of intimidating to me, so I havent jumped on it yet. Since I have only one gun, I havent been in a hurry to break it apart yet but it needs to be done. (I'd like to add a bit of range down the road, but more so I want to fix the accuracy).

I'm going to do something to stabalize the inner barrel too but I havent decided on a method yet. More so I know the hopup and TBB is what is really needed first as without that other mods wont give as much impact.

Here's a thread I was referenced: http://www.airsoftsociety.com/forums/f10/my-guide-fine-tuning-hop-up-33545/

barrel, bucking, and nub. That's what we need to do first I'm thinking.

18. SpencerInAction

I like how you put WE. We are in this together Pete! Lets get our 416's shooting straighter! This is my first and only gun as well. I plan to have someone experienced in tech to do all the upgrades and tune ups to my gun. I am too scared to touch anything inside the gun! I really do think something about the hop up is causing the left curve though.

19. YoYo-Pete

YoYo-Pete New Member

Ypsilanti
    I agree... The nub that touches the BB when it comes out of the barrel must not be ideal or ideally aligned or something. Maybe I'll see what I can figure out with it, but I'm thinking we're going to have to trial and error some stuff till we get it shooting straight.

I was thinking maybe of doing the whole hopup system so I can kind of swap it back and forth with the stock one while I fiddle. That way if it's not right and a game comes up I can still make it.

20. SpencerInAction

Well I just went outside and shot a few rounds off my balcony and the bb's went straight. There is no wind whatsoever outside either. Hmm this is weird. I realized that I did clean my barrel yesterday and I forgot to turn off the hop up. So maybe I poked something in the hop up unit with the cleaning rod which put it back into place or something! It's a miracle. Lets hope it stays shooting straight.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.