Umarex MP40 GBB

Discussion in 'Gas Powered Guns' started by Maniac, Sep 12, 2017.

1. Maniac

Maniac New Member

Hey guys!

Need some help regarding the so-called "Umarex MP german". I've recently purchased the gun but i'm stuck with a semi-auto version. AFAIK there are full-auto versions of this gun available, but i couldn't find any pictures of the internatls of that version so far.

So is someone out there in possession of that particular gun as a full-auto version who might be able to provide some pictures?

Thanks guys!

Cheers

2. Zaryk

Zaryk Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Southern
    If im not mistaken, that is an air gun (.177 cal) and not an airsoft gun (6mm). If so, you will not get as much help (if any) on these forums as you would asking this question on an air gun forum. Airsoft guns and air guns are not built the same and there is little to no info here on them.

3. Maniac

Maniac New Member

Hey mate.

In this particular case you're wrong unfortunately. The MP40 made by Umarex and introduced to the market early this year comes in .177cal AND in 6mm. So there are air gun and airsoft versions of it available! And btw: Both are pretty much the same except for different sized BBs.

Hv seen lots of confusion regarding this matter lately. Especially as each version's got several "sub-versions" like a weathered "legeds" version.

Anyhow. If someones's got just one single picture of the internals of a FULL-AUTO version i'd be dying to get it.

4. Maniac

Maniac New Member

Added some pictures of the gun plus a pictures of the internals of the semi-auto-only version.

Attached Files:

5. Zaryk

Zaryk Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Southern
    Then did you already search the manufacturers site for an exploded view of both models? That should show you the difference very clearly.

6. gunnerk19

gunnerk19 Active Member

Rumford
    Just curious, are you fully selecting the Full Auto position when you push the safety forward?

All the way to the rear is Safe, one click forward (one red dot showing) is Semi Auto, and two clicks forward (two red dots showing) is Full Auto.

7. Maniac

Maniac New Member

Tried that, but there's virtually no information on that gun at the Umarex website except the usual marketing jibber jabber. Also I don't know who the actual manufacturer is - Umarex is only importing them. There are only a few markings on the gun.

And the user manual doesn't tell you how to disassemble the gun. Maybe that's simply because you can't field strip it. Of course there are no exploded diagramms either....

Attached Files:

8. Maniac

Maniac New Member

Good question. I try to explain as best as possible: There is a small piece of rubber that usually blocks the fire selector from being put into full auto mode. You can remove that little rubber piece, but all that this does is to completely disconnect the selector switch from the safetly lever when in full auto. So the fire selector is more or less just a safety switch. Maybe you can see what im talking about in the picture attached.

But got a question here too: What is "forward" to you? Towards the barrel? Because if so the internals in a full auto must be completely different. If i push the fire selector all the way towards the barrel my gun is locked. If i push it back towards the buttstuck (one click) it's in semi, all the way back (two clicks) is full auto. But again: in full auto my fire selector doesn't connect to any internal part anymore at all.

Attached Files:

9. gunnerk19

gunnerk19 Active Member

Rumford
    The 4.5mm steel BB and 6mm airsoft version should be identical in function, with the barrel diameter being the only difference.

Skip to the 30 second mark in the video to see the safe, semi and full auto functions explained.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_ttwjlh-Rc"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_ttwjlh-Rc[/ame]

And my bad, I mistakenly gave the opposite direction of the selector switch in my previous post.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
  10. Maniac

Maniac New Member

Exactly my thought! Here's a video of the 4,5mm disassembly and the internals LOOK identical. Unfortunately though it's a semi-auto-onyl version. So not helpfull at all.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knRhMLp4He8&lc=z22vsfqzcn2ytjya104t1aokg4ynsvq45kaqpplrii0trk0h00410.1505162446687105"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knRhMLp4He8&lc=z22vsfqzcn2ytjya104t1aokg4ynsvq45kaqpplrii0trk0h00410.1505162446687105[/ame]

NP. But again: Switching it back all the way in full-auto just creates a big gap in between the selector and the safetly lever.... :(

11. FuLL-eFFekT1

FuLL-eFFekT1 Member

Everett
    How much can you manually actuate the mechanism with the side off? I'd watch how the bolt interacts with everything. It should be contacting/tripping a disconnector as it travels forward..

Have you tried asking Umarex for the parts drawing (pdf) for the FA version? Looks like a Gletcher/WinGun oem..

Last edited: Sep 14, 2017
  12. Maniac

Maniac New Member

I already took off the side to try and understand how the mechanism works, but all the moving parts hv got quite some tension put onto them. So if you pull the bolt back the internals will either jam or pop out of their hinges.

Tried with some airgun/airsoft vendors for some exploded diagramms or such but no luck so far. And umarex is not providing any details on internals since disassembly voids the warranty which is kinda ridiculous! If i just wanna give the moving parts some greasing i'm supposed to send the gun in for maintenance...