Under 70$

Discussion in 'Sniper Rifles' started by airsoftextreme123, Aug 21, 2012.

1. airsoftextreme123

airsoftextreme123 New Member

Im looking for a sniper rifle under 70$ i will ne doing alot i meen alot of upgrades on it well what ever i get

2. Sparky_D

Sparky_D Moderator Staff Member

Pierce County
    Odds are if the rifle is under $130, it's not upgradable.

3. airsoftextreme123

why i never knew that ieen there must be some way

4. Finalencounter

Finalencounter Duke of Penguins Supporting Member

Warrenton
    Not always, you can get a JG BAR10 for $90, the base BAR10 for mine was $100.
    Good upgrading platform.

OP, please you correct spelling, and I recommend you save up just a bit more, get a JG BAR10 and upgrade that. Beware though, being an airsoft sniper costs a lot, expect to spend the money for the base gun and a couple hundred on upgrades.

5. airsoftextreme123

allright its not my money tho its my moms guess im do alot more chores

6. Shiftyshooter

Shiftyshooter Learn from your mistakes. Lifetime Supporter

Prague
    Airsoftextreme, please use proper grammar and spelling. It is a rule around here.

7. Phillies2406

Phillies2406 New Member

I don't know how upgradable it is but airsoft mega store is putting their tsd l96 on sale for twenty dollars as part of their scavenger hunt.

8. PistolsAndMP5s

PistolsAndMP5s New Member

Corona
    Honestly, if you are spending $70 for a base gun, it doesn't seem like you are ready to spend enough money to get a sniper rifle to be decent. Upgrades will cost AT LEAST $600 to get it to out perform an AEG. Sorry but it's true.

9. TYSONtheSNIPER

TYSONtheSNIPER New Member

Edmonton
    $600 is a bit high. Realistically it should cost maybe $300-$350 maybe a bit more, and that would be with high end parts (pdi, laylax, etc.). And with that money you could easily make it outperform an AEG. Don't get me wrong it is a pricey build but not $600 pricey.

10. TheRoyalCelt

TheRoyalCelt New Member

I've done some research and to go full pdi and laylax it would be around $600 or more.

11. dylan484

dylan484 New Member

Tifton
    Which is better, Laylax or PDI?

12. TYSONtheSNIPER

Edmonton
    I could see it being that high if your going for looks and performance. Meaning your replacing the outer barrel, trigger guard, flash hider, receiver and other parts that just appeal to the eye rather then performance. as well as a full set of internal parts that give the performance such as the pdi hopup unit, v-trigger and all the other stuff. But in this case just going for performance even with mostly pdi parts I would say the most spent would be $400 at the highest and that's assuming you choose a v-trigger over reinforced steel sears.

13. timmay123

timmay123 New Member

I don't no if you would be able to get upgrades but go to airratlle.com they have some really cheap guns I just got a 509 fps Swiss arms bolt action sniper for 90 bucks

14. AppleJuiceChristmas

AppleJuiceChristmas New Member

hoover
    No no no. First, let's clear up a few things

1. FPS doesn't make much of a difference
    2. Swiss Arms is a terrible brand
    3. Airrattle is a very shady store
    4. You are not going to get a decent stock sniper rifle for <$100, and even then if you want a good rifle, prepare for $300+ in upgrades
    5. Grammar please. Bad grammar gets you banned 'round these parts.

15. soviet

soviet New Member

1+ Lol. He's right. (fill)

16. GhilleSnipezPRO

GhilleSnipezPRO New Member

Try AGM L96, but I'm not sure if it's upgradeable

17. backyardsn1per

backyardsn1per New Member

Fennimore
    It is the same as their Vsr-10, non-upgradeable.

18. BlueReaper46

BlueReaper46 New Member

If you want to upgrade a rifle to outperform an AEG(out of the box AEG) and you dont want to replace parts every few months, youre looking at around $600-$700 dollars. You cant just upgrade a few things and say its good to go. You need to upgrade in the right order with good enough parts to handle what you want. upgrading the spring? you need to upgrade trigger, sears, piston, cylinder and head, hop up, spring guide, bolt handle(depending on what gun you get) barrel(again, depends), bucking and nubbings in the hop up, and then you can put the spring in without fear of shooting half your internals out the front in small pieces. if you arent doing that with your rifle, unless you just want it for fun, get an AEG.

19. TYSONtheSNIPER

Edmonton
    $600-$700 including the gun?

Here's what I'm coming up with. Using PDI, laylax, Daiki, Prommy and HS5.

PDI Sears (1st and 2nd) $83.98
    PDI Piston- $54.99
    PDI spring- $24.99
    PDI spring guide- $25.99
    PDI hopup chamber- $97.99
    Daiki cylinder release- $28.99
    Prommy inner barrel- $75.99
    HS5 Z-kit- $17.50

Total cost= $410.42

Honestly, this is what I would use, its cheaper but it will get the job done.

But wait, if you want a Z-trigger it will bring the total to $501.44.

Also I used prices on Atlanta Airsoft, which is known to charge more money for its stuff. So if you went to different retailers it could in fact be cheaper.

Now unless your including the rifle itself in that price (which would be silly, because this discussion was about the price of upgrades) I can believe $600-$700 for a great gun. But the fact is it doesn't cost $600-$700 in upgrades that are NEEDED.

20. BlueReaper46

BlueReaper46 New Member

if you want to upgrade the spring and not break something internally then you SHOULD and i mean really really SHOULD upgrade everything else. Hop up, barrel, cylinder, cylinder head, piston, spring guide, trigger and piston sears, trigger, and depending on the gun, bolt handle. id suggest getting the UTG MK96($170) or Well MB01($145) but if you dont plan on upgrading, either get the gun you want, or get an AEG.