Unnoficial Zombie Killer AK?

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by Flamesword47, Aug 21, 2012.

1. Flamesword47

Flamesword47 New Member

Does anybody think this will be cool. I am trying to make a zombie killer AK, and I will put out my plan, but it is completely unnoficial and Evike has never been involved besides selling me parts. I am starting with a Kalashikonov 60th Anniversary Tactical RIS AK-47. It is made by CYMA so the stock internals are pretty good. For attachments I am thinking a Bravo G&P B1 Holograhic scope on the top rail above handguard. I have a foldable grip on the bottom, it will be all there is on the bottom rail, unless I buy a better grip, find a way to fit a flashlight and/or laser pointer on the bottom rail with the grip, or get a grenade launcher. On the right side rail there is currently a flashlight. There will be nothing on the left side rail, unless I get a good recommandation, a good reason, and a great price. There is a zombie killer mock silencer on the gun, and I might put a bipod, or buy a bipod grip. For mags I have a 2500rd. autowinding drum mag made by CYMA, and 1 100rd. midcap, and 1 600rd. Highcap. For stock I am going to put a king arms stock adapter, that also makes all regular stocks foldable. That means I can have a 6 position M4 stock that also folds. For the battery cover I am thinking of drilling some Piccitini rails onto it, and I Won't have to deal with the problems of the rails being too elevated. The use of this would be if you had a sniper scope and wanted it closer to your eye. You also wouldn't need to buy a rail system attachment, that goes onto the battery cover. For the internals I am stuck between if I want to switch my current spring (350 FPS with .25, obviously a field FPS not CQB. 370-420ish with .2, I have never chronoed with .2's in this gun.) to a M90 (290-340 FPS is all I know about them). I don't know what spring is in my gun currently but it is not for CQB. I want your opinions on what spring I should use. For gearboxes, I will take reccomendations because I do not know much about good AK gearboxes. Should the gun be field or CQB? Here's the link for the adapter if your interested. http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?products_id=28999
    What are your thoughts on my idea? What gearbox should I use?
    what spring should I choose? What are any part recommendations (external and internal) do you have? What accesory (scopes, grips, etc.) recommendations do you have?

2. Flamesword47

Flamesword47 New Member

Zombie Killer AK.jpg
    Here is a picture I made, except the mag will be a 2500rd. Autowinding drum mag.

3. TysonY2

TysonY2 New Member

Emmett
    That barrel is way to long..

4. Flamesword47

Flamesword47 New Member

Its a little exagerated, it's not actually the scale. I couldn't find a smaller one besides a AK-74u barrel. Sorry

5. richman992

richman992 New Member

Rochester
    I had a similar idea for my ak. mine involved a wooden stock with some brass knuckles screwed into the bottom. And you need a bayonet.

6. CajunAirsoft

CajunAirsoft New Member

That bipod looks ridiculous...... A zombie killer AK could be cool if done right.

7. Flamesword47

Flamesword47 New Member

Ok No bipod, I'll just have a grip, and where can I buy a bayonet.

8. 703

703 Active Member

webster
    Barrel is way to long and it looks like it's coming out of the flashlight ? It looks like you put a RIS on the gun witch you have the forgrip attached to. This is where you should put the flashlight as well.

9. Flamesword47

Flamesword47 New Member

Ok, I'll try to get the flashlight attached on the bottom

Would a bipod grip have any use?

I made another blueprint

I made it on my phone so it's not the best quality, and the stock will be like the one on the first, the picture just shows it retracted in because it is a 6 position stock.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2012
  10. Flamesword47

Flamesword47 New Member

Making the gearbox... :D

It has come down to the final stages of selecting parts for my gearbox, and I have recieved a vast knowledge about it, and how to build it. It is going to be a CQB Optimized gearbox and it should shoot around 295 at the least to 340-350 at the most. It will be able to achieve RPM and BPS speeds that would be seen in TM High Cycle guns. This will be achieved by a super high speed 13:1 matrix gears, and a turbo 3000 matrix motor. The piston head is also a polycarb ASC mushroom head silent head. This should get rid of some noise from the piston. The spring is an M90 by Matrix. I am almost ready to order it, I just have absolutely no clue on what wiring I will need from the Evike wiring section under internal parts. Please help.

11. Flamesword47

Flamesword47 New Member

Or can I re-use the wiring from my stock gearbox in the new gearbox? If yes can anybody tell me or send me a link to a video showing how?

12. Flamesword47

Flamesword47 New Member

Will I be able to use the wiring from the stock gearbox on the new gearbox? The price comes out to $240 if I re-use the mechbox? Is this the right price for a good gearbox or did I overdue it? Should I get a new mechbox (Matrix Sharp Shooter CNC) for $120, or will I be fine for a while with the stock mechbox? Your advise is very helpfull. Please Help.

13. Pashto

Pashto New Member

Mechanicsburg
    You shouldn't need a near gearbox shell. The wiring you can keep or upgrade a to 16AWG. If you upgrade get it from hobbyking.com. 3m of red and black wiring is less than $3. Watch how fast you get using only an m90, you may run into pre-engagement.
    Look into SHS parts on clandestine.com. You could probably shave some of that money off.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2012
  14. Flamesword47

Flamesword47 New Member

Not to be rude or anything but can you explain that last sentence? What did you mean watch how fast you go with an m90? Did you mean RoF, it's already going to be really high..... How much higher..... Also what did you mean by pre-engagement?

15. Flamesword47

Flamesword47 New Member

I just found the wierdest thing. All my threads together have exactly 1000 views, no more, no less.

16. Pashto

Pashto New Member

Mechanicsburg
    Yeah I meant RoF, sorry I should be more clear. Pre-engagement is when the spring doesn't return the piston before the gears cycle fully. It then shreds your piston rack or even your gears. Personally, I've never had it happen nor do I know at what point you'd experience it. One of the more experienced techs could probably tell you.

17. AznMunkay

AznMunkay New Member

Providence
    How about like this? lol this is ridiculous
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbA9W0eOpbY[/ame]

18. Flamesword47

Flamesword47 New Member

First thoughts.... Side holographic scope, DAFUQ? CHAINSAW..... F***ING AWESOME BUY ME ONE TODAY! The mag is pretty much the same and I'm using the black Bravo G&P B1 holographic scope. It's a replica of the eotech. I saw that zombie scope on the real eotech website, and I'm pretty sure it's close to $600. It must be a real AK-47 because why would you have a close to $600 scope on an airsoft gun. That is pretty much the point of the gun though. Except.... you know.... airsoft.... not real...

I got a list of parts I will be upgrading my gearbox with. Thank you so much to Mule from AMS for helping me with part selection and everything in a Facebook conversation. Once I have the money I'm going to order and install the parts. Once again thank you Mule. The stock adapter will be the last mod btw then the zombie killer AK will be done! It's a small project but its my first. I might carve zombie killer into the battery cover and give it some blood red biohazard signs with a stencil and spraypaint.

I am almost done selecting parts and I might buy half of them now. Thankyou Mule from AMS, he gave me some great advice and he helped choose and recommend parts. I have decided I'm not going to build a custom gearbox, I'm just going to upgrade many parts. That means I'm keeping some of the stock parts until I need to replace them. Once again Thanks Mule from AMS. The one thing I need help with is to go with a SHS polycarbonate bodied 15 carbon steel teeth piston, or a Matrix CNC Aluminum Piston w/ Stainless Steel teeth. I want to know which one will be better for a very high RoF around 30. With a LiPo it could get to 40+.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2012
  19. Pashto

Pashto New Member

Mechanicsburg
    Go with the SHS. A metal piston is going to cause more stress on the gearbox.

20. bobalini

bobalini New Member

Thousand Oaks
    I just knocked myself out with a facepalm. NO full metal piston crap should be put in a build ever!! They work far worse than a 15 tooth shs polycarb.
    Edit: you don't even know what pre engagement is yet. You need to do research first you are deff. Not ready. Look up AoE, low resistance wiring, mosfets, polyfuses, SHS!!!!!, shimming from the bevel, etc. You are not ready to do this in my and probably many others opinions. Also you are ordering all your parts off evike? Wow......

Last edited: Aug 24, 2012