Unofficial School Thread

Discussion in 'Staging Area' started by CajunAirsoft, Oct 23, 2012.

1. CajunAirsoft

CajunAirsoft New Member

I know this may seem weird, but I have decided it might be cool to have a school thread. You can post your favorite or best subjects, grades if you care too, or cool teachers or whatever. I don't really like school , so I would like to see how it is for fellow airsofters around the country. I did a search but if there is already one of these let me know.

2. Maxuhmize

Maxuhmize New Member

OKC
  3. CajunAirsoft

CajunAirsoft New Member

Well yeah I guess,but I thought it might help to have this thread, but if this thread is to be closed so be it. Although if we can continue this thread I do have this awesome teacher that lets us have almost any discussion or debate in the middle of class. We also can eat and do pretty much whatever.

4. Maxuhmize

Maxuhmize New Member

OKC
    Well, my favorite teacher is my American History teacher. I think I actually like that class because I'm interested in the wars and all that stuff. But anyways, she's really nice and gives us extra credit stuff a lot.

My favorite time in her class was when we were learning about The Revolutionary War and she brought in a replica Continental Army General's jacket and we got to dress up in it. She even brought a bayonet for it, lol.

I find it funny that I've seen her two times out of school though (once at the gym and once at Big Lots). But yeah she's my favorite teacher and its like the only class I have good handwriting in too, lol. I feel like I am writing in a diary.

5. RCV

RCV New Member

I love my school. It's basically a high school college. It's a private school that almost costs $20k a year. The teachers, for the most part, are great. They are happy, nice, and cool. All classes are equivalent, if not higher than, regular AP/ honors classes. We go on backpacking, caving, skiing, and camp trips throughout the year which are pretty sweet. All the people who go to the school are pretty cool people and nice to each other. Nobody hates anyone really and we all get along well. My grades there aren't the greatest my GPA is equivalent to a regular high school 3.8 so that's not bad. From what the alumni say, high school is harder than the first few years of college. Our sports teams always finish pretty high in the state for the division. Getting up in the morning sucks, but I'm ok with going to school every morning.

I chose to take the harder classes this year so it looks good to colleges. Hoping to go to Colorado and get an engineering major and possibly a double in art.

My classes are

US History - Interesting. 7/10
    Free period - 10/10
    Chemistry - Fun 8/10
    Drawing and Painting 3 (I do a lot of art. I should post it up in the art thread...) - Fun - 8/10
    Free period - 10/10
    Astrophysics - Awesome 9/10
    The Urban Novel - Ew. 6/10
    Pre-Calculus - Eh. 7/10

Next year I'm doubling up on Math and Science again for College.

All are based on AP studies.

I'm very grateful for my school if it isn't obvious :)

Last edited: Oct 23, 2012
  6. Havok17

Havok17 New Member

Chicago
    My Favorite class is World History Honors. I've always liked history as a subject and do well in it. But I would say Math is my best subject.

7. CajunAirsoft

CajunAirsoft New Member

I live for social studies, but at my school we also have an engineering class which I have and I love building things. I also hate teachers that keep saying one more time and ill ___ . It makes the class undisciplined and then you get craploads if hw from stuff you can't get done in class.

8. CajunAirsoft

CajunAirsoft New Member

Dang nice here in the south our team has wine state in football like 20 times and like 3 times in 5 years....

Algebra 2 ehh 6/10
    World Geography cool 8/10
    Engineering yay 9/10
    PE 7/10 (I'm athletic just hate people in PE)
    Biology I 8/10 fun class
    Robotics über cool 8/10
    English 7/10 kinda interesting

Last edited: Oct 23, 2012
  9. Maxuhmize

Maxuhmize New Member

OKC
    Our HS has one of the best wrestling programs in our state, so that's a good thing I suppose. But the weird thing is, in the cafeteria, the sign that tells you to wrestle... was made with sparkles, lol.

10. CajunAirsoft

CajunAirsoft New Member

Hmm how is the food at y'all's schools ours sucks ... Soggy fries cold food (I never eat in there).

11. RCV

RCV New Member

My food is catered from a local Deli so it's pretty good.

12. CajunAirsoft

CajunAirsoft New Member

Wow your school sounds great besides the money......

13. MR38

MR38 New Member

Washington
    Robotics!? You have a robotics class in high school!?! I would kill to be in a robotics class!

14. CajunAirsoft

CajunAirsoft New Member

Yes sir we build,program, and make them do all kinds of stuff I can drive them with "WASD" or put sensors on them so they just drive hit something then back up. Or you can even make them run from light, do math; and all kinds of stuff.

15. MR38

MR38 New Member

Washington
    That sounds amazing I am going to a local state college next year that just started a robotics engineering program. I've wanted to be a robotics engineer since I was seven years old. Btw what programming language and circuit boards do you use in your class?

16. CajunAirsoft

CajunAirsoft New Member

We use Basic Stamp and mostly breadboards ..... It is quite fun but programming can e tedious, and some are boring like number sorters and averagers.

17. MR38

MR38 New Member

Washington
    Cool I'm trying to learn C++ right now and I've taken Alice classes given by Carnegie Mellon University but I haven really had a chance to build anything until this year. My gifted teacher got ahold of some CMU hummingbird mini boards but they are very limited and can not normally process If/Then statements, so I'm stuck with Lego NXTs. :/

18. Phillies2406

Phillies2406 New Member

Okay here it goes. I'm in eighth grade by the way.

Science- 10/10 Very easy, I have 103% in this class.
    Academic literacy- 7/10 Very easy I have 102% but its boring.
    Pride- 10/10 Honors reading class where we just screw around.
    Honors algebra- 6/10 My teacher doesn't teach us the material.
    Tech ed- 10/10 Very fun.
    English- 9/10 It's very easy and we don't do much.
    Social studies- 10/10 We have a student teacher who plays rugby
    Home room- 1,000,000/10 Our teacher doesn't care what we do. The one kid drank out of her coffee right infront of here and she didn't care! It's the best class ever.

19. Frostbite1

Frostbite1 New Member

Frisco
    Why, not. And pretty much when I refer a class as AP its pretty much the same as Honors classes.
    So here goes my list.

AP Language: 8/10 It's fairly easy, I just despise how hypocritical and redundant english classes are.
    Spanish III: 9/10 Easy, its just sometimes a little hard to memorize certain irregular verbs for those who know what I'm talking about.
    Survey of Business: 10/10 I don't even know why I'm in that class seeing how I took the more advance business class the year prior
    PAP Physics: 6/10 I really don't like the amount to math involved, It's just plugging in formulas just long and repetitive.
    AP U.S. History 9/10 Tons of notes and lots of reading out of or fancy collage book's. Very repetitive but easy.
    Broadcast: 10/10 l love making movies and filming the news and editing.
    Algebra II: 9/10 Easy I'm just to lazy to do homework.
    Survey of Law: 8/10 Too many notes for my taste, but its a blowoff class.

Now last year I took a few engineering courses and they were fun just not my style; so my dream to be an Aerospace Engineer was shot, but better in high school then in collage.