Unreasonable range?

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by shadowsun199, Jul 18, 2012.

1. shadowsun199

shadowsun199 Member

chico
    Hay guys recently I picked up an old cm047c ( ak74m) about 5 years old from a friend. It was in pretty rough shape. I wrapped some 550 and tightened body screws. Once the externals were pleasing I moved on to the internals.

I removed the gearbox, polished it, re-lubed it, installed a homebuilt mosfett and then replaced the gearbox back in the body. I ordered a tienly f5000 motor from airsoft gi along with a madbull black python and h hop nubs with a systema bucking. Put them all in and the results are amazing! I am making 250' shots easy. I've never seen an AEG shoot like this. It outshoots my kwa m16 with a madbull python. I don't understand why its shooting so well. Does anyone have any incite? Is the Ak design hop up that much better? I'm pleased but confused. Also what should i do to keep increasing range. Mind you I'm still using the stock spring. ~380 fps with .2's. I've been using ASGI .25's.

2. face_palm

face_palm New Member

Where can i get some of that lube
    Is there anything different about it
    B)

Last edited: Jul 18, 2012

3. llvllaRk13

llvllaRk13 Member

Lube is lube bro. Anyway OP it might just be the r-hop, good r-hop jobs should be making around thatrange i believe.

4. marine121496

marine121496 Wahahaha~ Supporting Member

Ann Arbor
    He never said he did r hop

5. spazzticsmurff

spazzticsmurff Member

phoenix
    he said he had an h-hop nub. sometimes thins just come together just right to give you results that you never expected. my g36 get the same kind of range with a prommy bucking and barrel.

6. shadowsun199

shadowsun199 Member

chico
    I was very happy and left kind of surprised at KWA. I mean my $150 ak dominates a $300 kwa. I guess it brings greater light to why a lot of people are against kwa guns.
    Opinions on where to go from here? I was thinking a magic box cylinder head, piston and piston head as well as adjusting the AOE.

7. marine121496

marine121496 Wahahaha~ Supporting Member

Ann Arbor
    If I recall in an airsoft GI top tech challenge magic box parts were shown to give a great airseal I'm sure that contributes.

8. shadowsun199

shadowsun199 Member

chico
    Yeah I just watched that video haha. Thanks, and thank you guys for giving me some incite. I guess there are just some good combos!

9. Lefse

Lefse Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I'm not too surprised, Cyma AKs actually have very good hop-up units. I'm getting similar range with a Cyma hop-up chamber in my G&G AK-104 with similar power and the Flat-hop mod. Replacing the stock G&G chamber with a Cyma chamber was actually a massive improvement, the stock G&G chamber wouldn't even feed properly. Cyma AKs are simply amazing value.

10. Shiftyshooter

Shiftyshooter Learn from your mistakes. Lifetime Supporter

Prague
    Well, 250 is the overall or effective range? I highly doubt it would be your effective range, even though CYMA AKs are rock solid with good performance for the money.

11. face_palm

face_palm New Member

Can the hop up unit be put on a m4/m16

12. Robin-Hood

Robin-Hood Active Member

Welcome to guns that don't suck! :p *cough*kwa*cough*.

I guess you now know how vital tuning really is, and why I constantly go on and on about it. And yeah, the AK hop is boss.

13. Lefse

Lefse Well-Known Member Supporting Member

What hop-up unit exactly? An AK hop-unit is impossible to fit in an M4 or M16.

14. IHOP

IHOP New Member

Rockton
    That video is flawed in so many ways.

The gun with the highest FPS obviously had a mispackaged spring. If both were consistent, which for the most part they were, there wouldn't have been that large of a velocity difference.

15. shadowsun199

shadowsun199 Member

chico
    It is very effective range. No arcing or lifting the barrel for more. Straight irons on target. I'm extremely impressed by CYMA now.

16. Jelly

Jelly New Member

San Jose
    Indeed. Other then the fact that my gun has a broken charging handle function, it performs really well!

17. sp7549

sp7549 New Member

San Diego
    I had a similar experience with my cm.042, amazing gun.(externals weren't the good by any means) loved it but had some magazine issues for whatever reason. Still I would gladly recommend their AK's to anyone looking into the sport.