Upgrade my gun!

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by maxd, Mar 31, 2018.

1. maxd

maxd New Member

Elmira
    Hello, I recently bought a Tanaka Works Kar98k air (the spring version) and have since then been looking for someone who could install a new inner barrel, new spring and to just clean / lube up all its internals. Looking for someone who has experience upgrading bolt action spring sniper rifles and who could also help suggest the right parts for the rifle. Will pay for shipping of the rifle both ways, for all the parts, and also for the service itself. Ive provided a picture of the rifle.

Attached Files:

2. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis
    Barrel will not help you for accuracy. That Stock Tanaka barrel is quite decent. Plus a spring upgrade alone is going to make your KAR less durable.

If you did not know that. You should not be upgrading this rifle.

3. maxd

maxd New Member

Elmira
    Given its value I guess taking the risk throwing in new parts may not be a good idea. Thanks for your reply, sums up a lot for me.

4. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis
    Look If you step up one spring power level, you are okay. If you step it up two levels then you are exponentially increasing the chances of a sear prematurely wearing and giving away.

Japanese Airsoft items are designed to the ASGK standard. They don't plan for any deviation from this with "stock" parts.