Upgrade my sniper rifle, or sell it for a new gun?

Discussion in 'Beginners Forum' started by ncore, Aug 24, 2012.

1. ncore

ncore New Member

Pittsburgh
    Ok. So I have a well l96 with scope and bipod. I painted the thing asparagus green and I have gotten a lot of positive feedback on the looks from this forum, and on airsoft sniper forum.

I am wondering if I should sell it and buy a different gun, or if I should just keep upgrading it. I really want to get a good gun for cqb and outdoors, but I am limited by my family on how many guns I can have at once. Also, the fps of the gun is too high for any local field. I have already bought a full metal trigger assembly and the utg upgrade kit. That isn't much, but I will have to spend much more money to get it shooting to how I want it to be.

I am sort of on a tight budget, I love airsoft, yet I don't want to crank too much money out into the hobby.

I am wondering, is it worth it to upgrade the rifle, or to sell it and buy a gun that can be used in more than one scenario.

If I can sell the gun for more than $100, I will be happy, but please let me know exactly what you think I could get for it. Also, I was thinking about buying a used aeg, if you have any recommendations, let me know.

edit: the gun also comes with 5 magazines

Last edited: Aug 24, 2012
  2. TYSONtheSNIPER

TYSONtheSNIPER New Member

Edmonton
    If your not willing to put out the money needed to make it a solid performer then sell it. It takes a lot of money and a lot of time to make it a great gun. Plus if your buying things like the utg upgrade kit then its fair to say that you probably don't have the money to do it. The best sniper rifles usually require the best parts (laylax, pdi etc.) And those aren't cheap.

Out of curiosity what type of gun would you get if you sold it?

3. ncore

ncore New Member

Pittsburgh
    I dont really have a preference lol. One that shoots, and if I buy used, one that comes with more than one magazine. I am not picky. But as long as it can work well on a large field and in cqb, im happy. I have no fps preference either.

4. 703

703 Active Member

webster
    Sell the sniper and buy a used AEG. If you don't have the money to put into the sniper it doesn't make sence to keep it. Lets say you sell it, What is your budget for a AEG ? You find really good guns for a cheap price if you shop around.

Not to mention you will be able to use the AEG at one of the fields unlike the sniper.

5. ncore

ncore New Member

Pittsburgh
    Ok thanks, I will try to sell the rifle locally first. I have a bunch of other things included such as a 1 inch riser mount (so you can use goggles with the scope), almost 2000 .36g bbs, 5 mags, and some other stuff (also the upgrades included in the 1st post, and their old replaced parts).

What do you think I can get for the gun?

6. Phillies2406

Phillies2406 New Member

Probably atleast 100$.

7. evan2634

evan2634 New Member

I would think $120 because you have 5 mags.

8. TYSONtheSNIPER

Edmonton
    Sell it in Canada and you can get like $250..... Damn Canada and these high prices lol. But for real I'd say maybe the hundred plus area. Scope included? Brand of the scope?

Last edited: Aug 24, 2012
  9. TheCaptainAlmighty

TheCaptainAlmighty New Member

Gallifrey
    I would sell it. AEG's are more useful, and sniping is an expensive sub-hobby of airsoft.

10. BlackNightBravo

BlackNightBravo Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Sell. 120 ~ 140 all polished up :)

11. Phillies2406

Phillies2406 New Member

Airsplat is shipping to Canada now.

12. TYSONtheSNIPER

Edmonton
    Ya I noticed the post they made awhile back about that. Might have to check it out some time.