upgrade or completely new?

Discussion in 'What Gun Should I Get?' started by gr_vander, Aug 13, 2012.

1. gr_vander

gr_vander New Member

Dallas
    hi I own a double eagle m804. It's quite a decent gun and I actually think it has some potential. should i upgrade it? if so is it even possible to upgrade it? i was thinking a metal gearbox, a new spring, and a better motor. is it even possible?

On the other hand I was thinking about buying a completely new gun. now, i want to stay away from LPEGS im looking for something with a metal gearbox that will get the job done without me worrying so much about it breaking. A while back lancer tactical made a whole new lineup of guns, an m4 line. Personnaly i love m4's they are my favorite weapon, they are flexible with upgrades and have sooooooooo many spare parts and upgrades. if i make this decision to buy a new gun. i want a gun around 100$ and built internally well.

now that I have told you my position im in i would like your opinion on what i should do links are very helpful and i am limited on money so keep that in mind. If you would be kind enough as to help me out and give me your opinion i would greatly appreciate it. Have A Great Time Airsofting!

2. theonlyBuster

theonlyBuster Active Member Lifetime Supporter

S. Florida
    Seeing as this is possibly your only main gun at the moment, I recommend you invest in a new gun.
    1. New are nice.
    2. It gives you a back-up in case one ever goes down
    3. You get some choice

The problem now is your budget. A new gun that's decent will typically cost you about $130, though you should spend about $180 for it, especially if you're looking for something with good internals. Look into JG and ICS AR-style weapons. They're good for the money. There are other brands, but I spent all night with my girl and her sis so I'm pretty out of it at the moment

3. marine121496

marine121496 Wahahaha~ Supporting Member

Ann Arbor
  4. Fyzix

Fyzix Fyzzy Was Here. Supporting Member

Garland
    I would definitely get a new gun. DE is proprietary (Can't upgrade).

Here's what I would suggest:

CYMA AK (Anything over .028 is great)
    CYMA M14 (Full length or SOCOM(I own the SOCOM version, very nice replica))
    JG G36 variants (Built like tanks(I've owned one of these. Also a very nice replica))
    JG M4 variants (Also built like tanks)

Lancer is ok for the price, but do yourself a favor and put down the $50 difference for JG.

Also, I see you're in Dallas Texas. I'm in Garland. Exactly where are you?

Last edited: Aug 13, 2012
  5. dmoose

dmoose Member

quad cities
    i would take a look at the G&G combat machines non blowback. some people hate them but i persnally like them. have great range out of the box and are durable. have heard some peoples motors going bad on the quickly though so you may want to replace that.

6. Fyzix

Garland
    The JG AK SUCKS. Lots of electrical problems. It's the only JG replica that I would stay away from.

7. Leonidas

Leonidas New Member

Des Moines
    Ehem, CYMA also made (now discontinued) Cm.027 Mp5 that DID in fact have a metal gearbox. More of a budget friendly one.

8. Fyzix

Garland
    ... Key word being 'discontinued'. :p

9. Leonidas

Leonidas New Member

Des Moines
    Just making sure you knew it was ever there. A dude I know has one. He runs .12 bb's though :mad:

10. gr_vander

gr_vander New Member

Dallas
    thank you. you have helped alot. if i get a g&g combat machine will it be good? have you ever owned one?

11. gr_vander

gr_vander New Member

Dallas
    i had my doubts about it bieng upgradable. the only reason i thought it may be was because it uses tokyo marui mags. thank you for helping me out

12. gr_vander

gr_vander New Member

Dallas
    if i had to get a new gun i was thinking g&g or lancer i just love m4's they are truly awesome! thanks

13. Thestig

Thestig Some say... Supporting Member

Colorado Springs and Southern California
    Get the CM if you want decent externals. Get the JG if you want good internals.

I prefer the JG. And I have worked on both.

14. gr_vander

gr_vander New Member

Dallas
    Frisco, looking into jg g&g maybe an a&k s-system
    have you heard of tactical alliance, its a cqb field in i think fort worth not too far away from me thinking about going there

15. gr_vander

gr_vander New Member

Dallas
    yeah right now its internal>external i dont need metal body or anything im pretty gentle with my guns i hate when my freinds mess around with them makes me nervous like they gonna break something. thanks

16. Fyzix

Garland
    Ok. I'm most likely going to be at FAA this weekend with a few other members.

For internal quality, don't even think about G&G. Out of the remaining brands (JG and A&K), JG will be the better.

17. gr_vander

gr_vander New Member

Dallas
    ive got about 75 dollars right now im thirteen. my parents dont give me allowance maybe about once a month they will ask if i wanna do a task for some money sometimes its five dollars sometimes its twenty. i dont wanna have to wait for an offer i need a bit of a faster way to save up any suggestions
    all of our neighbors are afraid of our dog lol no one likes to piss us off because of that im sorry im taking the thread a different direction but i just need a couple inputs. thank you.

18. gr_vander

gr_vander New Member

Dallas
    oh did i mention i run a 9.6 on the DE m804 :p

19. Fyzix

Garland
    There are several threads around here on the topic of earning money. The best ways are to mow lawns and recycle. (The money is in copper, aluminum and brass)

And it's not broken yet? I'm impressed :p