Upgrade Suggestions for JG M4 SS

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by StaggeredInjection, Aug 16, 2012.

1. StaggeredInjection

StaggeredInjection New Member

Corvallis
    I have had my M4 S-System for a while now and recently decided i'd like to upgrade it. In its current stock state, it shoots at 430fps with .25's. What i would like to do is increase my range and accuracy. I recently ordered a 6.03mm MadBull Ver. 2 Precision Inner Barrel to replace the stock 6.08mm barrel. I also ordered a Madbull Red Hop Up Bucking and a G&G Version 2 Spring Guide with Bearings. I know there are better parts available then those, but i don't want to spend tons of money on upgrades. I'd like to keep it under $100 but i am flexible

2. bobalini

bobalini New Member

Thousand Oaks
    You just spent more money than you probably should have. Shs parts are the way to go if you want accuracy and range you want a r-hop I would suggest having a experienced tech put it in for you as they can be tricky for a noob. Clandestineairsoft has the best prices as far as internals go. I would suggest a lonex m4 air nozzle NOT shs air nozzle, correct aoe with sorbo, get new piston head that will give it better compression like a lonex POM, if you still have money after that grab a SHS high torque motor and wire to deans.
    Good luck my friend

EDIT: forgot to mention reshim while you have the Gb open.

3. StaggeredInjection

Corvallis
    If i can get someone who knows what they're doing to do it for me, would it be worth putting in low resistance wiring?

4. bobalini

bobalini New Member

Thousand Oaks
    Yes it is worth it. That is if he/she knows what they are doing.

5. Lefse

Lefse Well-Known Member Supporting Member

You should definitely upgrade the wiring, you can get cheap 16AWG low resistance wiring at Hobbyking. It will improve trigger response and ROF and will also improve efficiency a little, making the battery last longer. The SHS high torque motor is good bang for the buck. Pair it up with a 7.4v li-po and you'll get very nice trigger response and ROF in the low 20's.

6. alex

alex New Member

Atlanta
    430fps with .25g on a stock JG m4? that's around 460-470fps with .20g... and you still want more range? o my...
    that's a good seal. don't mess with it. just stabilize the barrel and hopup arm and do the usual basic tune up: adjust AOE, clean re-shim, re-lube and radius the gearbox.
    recommendation: replace wiring with 16awg, mosfet, deans/xt60, 7.4v LiPo.

i would recommend a new bucking, but since you already have a killer seal, upgrading the bucking might create a leak. same with your nozzle, i often recommend an o-ring nozzle, but you already have a good seal.

normally, stock JG's are around 380-420 fps with .20g
    if you're not hitting around 200 feet, then you need to adjust your hopup.

7. StaggeredInjection

Corvallis
    I actually mis-typed when i was talking about the fps . I meant that it shoots around 430fps with .20g and not .25g. It actually shoots at about 385fps with the .25's. Sorry for the confusion.

8. alex

alex New Member

Atlanta
    ^^^ still a good seal...