upgrade this gun

Discussion in 'Electric Guns' started by Whiskeyking, Nov 4, 2012.

1. Whiskeyking

Whiskeyking New Member

San Jose
    Okay, thanks for reading my post because I feel undecisive and am not sure what to do, because I recieved a we-tech m4a1 aeg and I am took it to a game at a small airsoft field in california. During the game I adjusted the hop-up correctly and used .25 bbs and I couldn't get the distance I needed. if you were me would you upgrade it or not? If so where would I upgrade it? online? and what website? I am thinking about just being a man and getting closer to the enemys than I usually do. Please reply.

2. champo98

champo98 New Member

Well I can't offer a ton of help, but I have heard for better range to get a 6.03mm tightbore barrel, and a Rhop hop up unit.

3. Whiskeyking

Whiskeyking New Member

San Jose
    Thanks I am going to try that

4. Nelson

Nelson Review Guru Supporting Member

Spokane
    An R hop isn't a hop up unit it is a small patch you fit into the hop up window of your barrel to allow for a longer smoother push on the bb to get a more consistent and better back spin on the bb. Robin-Hood as a really good r-hop guide.

Edit: here's the link http://www.airsoftsociety.com/forums/f10/robin-hoods-r-hop-guide-34272/

5. Protectionperfection

Protectionperfection New Member

Worcester
    System or mad bull blue bucking with rhop patch will do wonders. Get a 6.03 not a 6.01. You'll see better results. Either Prometheus, mad bull, edgi barrels are all good brands.
    A new hop up unit is an idea, mad bull hop up units are nice as are Prometheus.

6. Nelson

Nelson Review Guru Supporting Member

Spokane
    +1 but I would also say the prowin hop up unit, I've seen fantastic results from them.

7. Whiskeyking

Whiskeyking New Member

San Jose
    ok thanks to all. I am most likely going to use the mad bull 6.03 barrel and a new hop up unit

8. Protectionperfection

Protectionperfection New Member

Worcester
    Make sure you get the bucking. The bucking is more important than the hop up!!!!