Upgraded JG G36C Issues

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by Psych0_S0ldier, Oct 5, 2012.

1. Psych0_S0ldier

Psych0_S0ldier New Member

Bloomington
    So I recently finished upgrading my G36c and I took it to a battle with my friends. Instead of working perfectly as planned, every 10-20 shots it would pull the piston to the last tooth and stop right there. It's as if the motor just can't quite pull the spring all the way. I don't think the reason is the motor, because I tried two different motors on the gearbox. (both the stock motor and a Tokyo marui EG500) Also, I tried both an 8.4v and 9.6v battery with it.

2. Psych0_S0ldier

Bloomington
    The 9.6v could pull it fine, but slowly. The spring is a deep fire m100. What could be the issue here? Any help is appreciated.

3. egotekkenh

egotekkenh New Member

West Covina
    Can you post up a parts list so we could get a better picture?

Mmmm... Could be a number of things. You check your shimming? You tried a different 9.6 battery? It could be your battery is dying/defective. It also might be when putting in the spring into the spring guide does the spring slide into the spring guide smoothly or does it feel like its kinda snug around the guide. If it feels snug it might be that your spring is binding in the gearbox or you might need a ball bearing spring guide to prevent it from binding.

In the mean time try taking out the upgraded spring and put in the stock one for now and see how it works. If the gun shoots fine with the stock spring you probably have a spring related problem.

4. Psych0_S0ldier

Bloomington
    I really don't think the battery is the issue, nor the spring guide.

Here is the parts list:
    deep fire m100
    dream army ported piston head
    super shooter ball bearing spring guide
    shs full metal teeth piston with AOE corrected
    dream army air nozzle
    shs bushings

I might be able to try the old spring but it has a weird hook to connect to the piston/metal washer/anchor. lol

Could the problem possibly have to do with the type of grease I use?

5. sandtiger

sandtiger New Member

I also have an upgraded jg g36 and I used to constantly have this problem UNTIL... I started using a 20c 7.4 lipoly battery. Good to see another g36 user out there!:)

6. Psych0_S0ldier

Bloomington
    haha, the g36 is my fav assault rifle, I could get a better battery, but I'd rather not fork out any more money for this gun. I'm going to be selling it to my friend as soon as I get it working properly. (the new iPod touch is 100 more dollars than I planned for) lol

7. sandtiger

sandtiger New Member

Yeah the issue was always getting it to cycle for just that last tooth... In theory short stroking SHOULD reduce the strain enough for it to cycle freely. I say should because I haven't tried it let me know if you do that and it works

8. Psych0_S0ldier

Bloomington
    What power of spring are you using? (20 characters)

9. sandtiger

sandtiger New Member

Jg 110 with perfect compression :)

10. Psych0_S0ldier

Bloomington
    hmmm, what would a high torque motor do for this gun?

11. sandtiger

sandtiger New Member

I'm not sure what motor do you have right now installed?

12. Psych0_S0ldier

Bloomington
    I have a Tokyo marui eg500 motor in it at the moment.

13. Sparky_D

Sparky_D Moderator Staff Member

Pierce County
    The EG500 is not a torque motor, but it still should be able to handle the M100 spring.
    Have you upgraded the connectors on your gun?

I ran an M110 in an AK and had the same issues. Once I swapped the Tamiya to Deans, I had no problems.

14. sandtiger

sandtiger New Member

Your problem is not enough power is being supplied to your gearbox. Deans, 16 gauge wires, soldering wires to motor, lipo, mosfet. Pick one, or all should be done eventually.

15. Psych0_S0ldier

Bloomington
    Well then... what is the big deal about deans? I have never understood how they could make that big of a difference. Please explain this to me.

On the topic of motors, would this gun benefit much from an SHS high torque motor?

16. Sparky_D

Pierce County
    Deans Ultra connectors introduce essentially zero resistance in an electrical circuit and are rated at over 30 Amps of current.

Tamiya connectors are rated at 15 Amps and are severe choke points for power.

17. Psych0_S0ldier

Bloomington
    So, if I understand this right, dean connectors basically double the energy sent to the motor because of the almost zero resistance? Also how easy is it to install deans?

18. Sparky_D

Pierce County
    It doesn't "double" the power, it allows all the power available to make it through the connector.

If you can solder, you can install Deans

19. sandtiger

sandtiger New Member

Beat me to it haha yeah and so are those annoying motor clips and spade clips

20. Psych0_S0ldier

Bloomington
    Ok, so I will probably go for deans, hopefully the will work. If they don't, you guys will have some explaining to do. ;)