Upgrades/Mods That Can Be Done Outside of the Gearbox

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by llbb010, Jan 9, 2013.

1. llbb010

llbb010 New Member

So to start I'm guessing TBB and hop up related stuff. I am just wondering.

2. Thestig

Thestig Some say... Supporting Member

Colorado Springs and Southern California
    Stabilizing the barrel as well. Also look into externals, such as rails. Lastly, wiring, and a
    MOSFET.

Honestly, opening up a gearbox isn't that difficult. Buy a boneyard gun and experiment on that.

3. llbb010

llbb010 New Member

I know. I was just wondering since I'm getting a new gearbox for my gun and I don't feel comfortable opening it up right away.

4. Thestig

Thestig Some say... Supporting Member

Colorado Springs and Southern California
    Practice on the old gearbox then.

5. Ehudakineyah

Ehudakineyah New Member

Mililani
    Make sure it's more of a mechanically broken gun if its a boneyard lol :) some of them might be externally and horribly broken.

Or....
    Grab a cheap local used gun :)

6. llbb010

llbb010 New Member

I will. I was just wondering....

7. svd_sniper

svd_sniper New Member

Ho Chi Minh
    soon or late, you will open your gearbox, updrage piston ( full metal teeth for long life, regrease....v...v...), but if you too scare, you can call help from your friends who has experience gunsmith, or gun services from local shop gun I guess ?
    I prefer to learn your self man :)

8. JakeBworth

JakeBworth New Member

Hoboville
    This might be helpful.
    http://www.airsoftsociety.com/forums/f10/ca-m15-upgrade-w-o-opening-gearbox-45229/
    It was a thread from back when I was a noob. So look at the replies(especially Alex's) and not my posts.

But really w/o opening your GB, all you can do is Hop Up work. Which is actually hugely effective.
    I would attempt a flat hop first or if your daring, one of the EZ install RHop kits. Sidenote: Hop Up tuning is not for the weak of heart. Be prepared to break down your gun at least 5-10 times to make tiny adjustments. It takes a little while to get the hang of it.

9. llbb010

llbb010 New Member

Yeah. My barrel is stuck in my hop up and I can't get it out. I wanted to buy a new hop up and barrel anyway, so I figure I mine as well not take the trouble of pulling it out. THanks for the link.

10. Ehudakineyah

Ehudakineyah New Member

Mililani
    If not fit put spit lol ;)

On Topic:
    Sadly you might have to force the barrel out carefully :( lol.

Happens from time to time. Check if the brass ring is stuck in the hop chamber as well.

11. llbb010

llbb010 New Member

I pulled as hard as possible! Couldn't get it.

12. W3aTh3rmAn

W3aTh3rmAn New Member

Try twisting it out slowly, that's what worked for me.

13. llbb010

llbb010 New Member

I'll try. But when I say this thing is stuck I mean it is STUCK it's been owned by 3 dif ppl the guy who sold it to me and the guy who sold it to him and me.